sani2c - newbie questions

-Gazza-

they look look like the profiles for day 7 to 9 on J2c

attached are my profiles from last weeks race

Do you have the total climbing for each day? Does it compare to what was posted further up?

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People, people.

Stop stressing! No amount of training or profiling or altituding is going to matter now.

You are all going down the valley and unfortunately have to climb back out.

Both days are tough days out, nothing you can do about it. Pace yourself and you will finish.

So just enjoy the ride.

People, people.

Stop stressing! No amount of training or profiling or altituding is going to matter now.

Both days are tough days out, nothing you can do about it. Pace yourself and you will finish.

So just enjoy the ride.

Ag man it is our party and we'll stress if we want to.

Agree 100% with TNOSE

Its going to be a while before you are back riding in such incredible scenery. Enjoy every second of it and rather slow down to take it all in that zoom through.

After seeing the official profiles, I'm suddenly not feeling so confident.. I much prefered the provisional profiles.

No, be confident in your training you've done. Make a decision to switch off to talk about how difficult the race will be and get excited about the people, sights you'll be sharing. So what if we're a bit slower because of an extra uphill. We'll get to the end when we get there. (shooo-whaaa) I think the Sabie marathon in Feb had a lot to do with my mindset right now. :thumbup:

After seeing the official profiles, I'm suddenly not feeling so confident.. I much prefered the provisional profiles.

What did you expect....that she would just lie on her back and lift her skirt for you.

What did you expect....that she would just lie on her back and lift her skirt for you.

Think Ratty's a lady though........but would imagine she gets your meaning.

"

double, 200m, curved, submerged and floating bridge towards Bulwer"

interesting...

:thumbup:

I'm looking forward to day 2, that singletrack into the valley looks awesome, and the climb out, well that's just dues for the ride in.

People, people.

So just enjoy the ride.

I just need to know if I need to buy lights or not :-) I'll make it to the end eventually.

No, be confident in your training you've done. Make a decision to switch off to talk about how difficult the race will be and get excited about the people, sights you'll be sharing. So what if we're a bit slower because of an extra uphill. We'll get to the end when we get there. (shooo-whaaa) I think the Sabie marathon in Feb had a lot to do with my mindset right now. :thumbup:

See thats the problem, I'm not confident in my training. Decided to rather ride undertrained than ride with an injury (ITB) or worse miss it all together.

I am however super excited, already have my bags packed. Finally got my bike back today and she is working so I'm feeling a lot less stressed now.

See thats the problem, I'm not confident in my training. Decided to rather ride undertrained than ride with an injury (ITB) or worse miss it all together.

I am however super excited, already have my bags packed. Finally got my bike back today and she is working so I'm feeling a lot less stressed now.

You still doing it with your Dad? Adventure, right? We'll keep up the rear. Gonna be tough but can't wait.

Do I need to pay the CSA fee as a paid up PPA member?

Just saw the answer myself on the Sani website.

PPA membership - please note that riders can either have a CSA or PPA number. Please remember to bring along your PPA/CSA membership card/number to registration to avoid paying a day license fee.

You still doing it with your Dad? Adventure, right? We'll keep up the rear. Gonna be tough but can't wait.

Yeah, doing it with my dad :-) Doing the trail though.