lego

Wayne Potgieter

And in case anyone is curious... Price on the Bugatti?

R6500....

:o I thought the idea of toys is that they're cheaper than the real thing?? :P

As awesome as it is, I could never justify that kind of money for a Lego set... :blink:

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new release Technic sets are super cool.

IMHO better than last year.

The Bugatti and Porsche are both cool but super costly altho the Porsche was only 3.6k odd if I recall correctly 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw a facebook post about a guy that had is 17 000$ lego collection stolen.

He was a avid youtuber and his last post he was just about crying.

His brand new millennium falcon model was still in box as he hadn't gotten to it yet!

Saw a facebook post about a guy that had is 17 000$ lego collection stolen.

He was a avid youtuber and his last post he was just about crying.

His brand new millennium falcon model was still in box as he hadn't gotten to it yet!

The last time I remember building Lego, it was in the early 90's.

The last time the Mrs and I went to Babies R Us / Toys R Us to get something for our daughter, I couldn't believe the price of Lego.

There is a Lego set that we think our little one will enjoy when she's a bit older.

Lego is stupid expensive tbh, But it is by far the leader regarding block types.

Lego casting's are always perfect, I have alot of lego dating back to 1990's and not one came mis-casted.

Lego also has set sizes to a very high tolerance. You can see them on X-Ray.

Other building blocks feel cheap fit less than perfect and often contain mis-casts.

I have started collecting the classic boxes for my Daughter as they don't contain any specific plans are intended to allow creativity. 

The Friends lego is a favorite with my friends kids (boy and girl)

Lego is stupid expensive tbh, But it is by far the leader regarding block types.

Lego casting's are always perfect, I have alot of lego dating back to 1990's and not one came mis-casted.

Other building blocks feel cheap fit less than perfect and often contain mis-casts.

I have started collecting the classic boxes for my Daughter as they don't contain any specific plans are intended to allow creativity. 

Got our daughter a bag of fisher price Mega Blocks from Babies R Us / Toys R Us as a Christmas prezzie last year, they're for ages 1-5. She enjoys the blocks just as much as she enjoys playing in a cardboard box.

That's for sure... The Lego quality is something else!

So last night I couldn't anymore...  Years ago (and I'm talking still the days of Kalahari.com!), they had a crazy special and I got the following set at about 50% off...

https://www.lego.com/en-us/videos/themes/technic/42008-service-truck-137acbc2d1df4a35bec8221ddb57d08e##sp=1

At the time, I managed to stash it away unopened in the cupboard... My self restraint finally ran out last night... But the look on my 4 year old boy's face made the wait worthwhile!

Got about halfway last night... Quite a complicated built but with some lekker components - pneumatics and electric motor etc

Got our daughter a bag of fisher price Mega Blocks from Babies R Us / Toys R Us as a Christmas prezzie last year, they're for ages 1-5. She enjoys the blocks just as much as she enjoys playing in a cardboard box.

I am also not buying DUPLO (big lego), I bought hape blocks(wooden stacking blocks) and will buy knock off big blocks till she old enough for the real stuff.

That's for sure... The Lego quality is something else!

So last night I couldn't anymore...  Years ago (and I'm talking still the days of Kalahari.com!), they had a crazy special and I got the following set at about 50% off...

https://www.lego.com/en-us/videos/themes/technic/42008-service-truck-137acbc2d1df4a35bec8221ddb57d08e##sp=1

At the time, I managed to stash it away unopened in the cupboard... My self restraint finally ran out last night... But the look on my 4 year old boy's face made the wait worthwhile!

Got about halfway last night... Quite a complicated built but with some lekker components - pneumatics and electric motor etc

I have that model. Got it for my 30th birthday i think.

I love the technic sets. My favourite one is the unimog. 

But sadly having kids now means that the technic sets for daddy are no longer going to happen as frequently. 

I have that model. Got it for my 30th birthday i think.

I love the technic sets. My favourite one is the unimog. 

But sadly having kids now means that the technic sets for daddy are no longer going to happen as frequently. 

Until they get a bit older... Then you can get Technic sets again!

Or… :ph34r: Buy them on special now... You know, like an investment...  :whistling:

Think Toy Kindom still has a 3 for 2 lego sale going :P

Takealot also running lego sale go for it the kids wont mind "old" lego :P