lego

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw The Simpsons house set the other day in a shop. Man it was super awesome but moer expensive. Will check the price of that 911 here, dont think it was that expensive at the lego shop.

• 2 weeks later...

My parents are moving to a retirement home so there's a big cleanout going on.  Add that to me having an emergency appendix removal and being booked off work means I got roped in to sort out my old Lego.

Decided to build this 40 years after I lost the instructions.  I'm bloody impressed all the parts were still there!

post-15215-0-77054600-1492522309_thumb.jpeg

Finished my first Lego build in a very long time this weekend, did the R1200GS BMW Technic set. Really enjoyed doing that.

I initially thought I would concentrate on the Technic sets with vehicles as a topic. Maybe one day the 911. Its on Facebook for R5300 now, not too far of the $330 of the Lego shop in NYC.

But also saw an advert for a Lego Racers series (didn't know about it, discontinued in any case) of a 1:10 scale Ferrari. For sale for R3500. Searched for it on Amazon, 8 available between $985 and $1544 !!! It was launched in 2007 for $109 if the web is to believed ...

Talk about a return on investment!

• 2 weeks later...

Porsche goes for $330 in NYC, fetched about R5k recently on a local Facebook auction

Porsche goes for $330 in NYC, fetched about R5k recently on a local Facebook auction

Ja I thought it would be cheaper here. The Simpsons set is also about 5k each.

I was at the other Lego shop here today. The salesman says they know the Porsche is cheaper online and he is not sure why the price has not been adjusted. Apparently they did it with other sets just not the Porsche.

This shop is massive.

post-25481-0-13292100-1494088935_thumb.jpg

A big F1 Ferrari.

post-25481-0-53493400-1494088983_thumb.jpg

And is this the discontinued one you were talking about?

post-25481-0-32427100-1494089025_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...