lego

Wayne Potgieter

1 hour ago, Long Wheel Base said:

My lighties each have one of these.

Nice novelty, they have drunk from them once.

image.png.d6d716bc34b3d96a107b48aaf477bb20.png

Lol, I can imagine it's not very practical... trying to clean dried hot chocolate out of those small holes!! ????‍♂️????

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Stoffel76 said:

Lol, I can imagine it's not very practical... trying to clean dried hot chocolate out of those small holes!! ????‍♂️????

Fortunately it survived the dishwasher, But it takes days to dry, comes out of the DW with the holes full of water.

Just now, Long Wheel Base said:

Fortunately it survived the dishwasher, But it takes days to dry, comes out of the DW with the holes full of water.

yeah plastic does not dry well in the dishwasher

Got my favorite sports car in LEGO form for Fathers day. The Nissan GT-R. Built it with my boys almost straight away. I'll take some pics and post here this week. It now sits on the shelf at home in the office along with all my other GT-R models.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

My wife and I don't usually do much in terms of gifts for Mothers & Fathers Day, but this year my wife surprised me with this... 😃

20230618_162835.jpg.868e9fe6899758968c725c59f5a50a86.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bought my 15 year old the Lego Eiffel Tower jobbie. 10001 pieces or something like that. 

should be delivered in the next few days. I am so excited to see his face. He loves Lego and has some large builds already. He has done extremely well at school and it’s holidays so a little reward for him. 

On 8/3/2023 at 6:42 AM, IceCreamMan said:

Bought my 15 year old the Lego Eiffel Tower jobbie. 10001 pieces or something like that. 

should be delivered in the next few days. I am so excited to see his face. He loves Lego and has some large builds already. He has done extremely well at school and it’s holidays so a little reward for him. 

8 hours into the build 

IMG_0803.jpeg

11 hours in. The build comes in 3 separate boxes. This is 2 of the 3 and 40 “packets”. The last box contains 34 packets but I reckon another 5 or 6 hours. Going to be a formidable Lego piece this. Stands at 150 cm. Did not think that through. 😂. Houses are small here. 

IMG_0806.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Bout 18 hours total. One piece was missing in the packs so spent another hour looking for it in case we lost it. Ordered it online and they will send it. No charge. Impressive and weighs a fair whack. 10 000 pieces cos 1 is missing. 🤣

IMG_8548.jpeg

On 8/25/2023 at 11:27 PM, IceCreamMan said:

Bout 18 hours total. One piece was missing in the packs so spent another hour looking for it in case we lost it. Ordered it online and they will send it. No charge. Impressive and weighs a fair whack. 10 000 pieces cos 1 is missing. 🤣

IMG_8548.jpeg

thats BEEG.

Whats the total height ?

On 8/30/2023 at 2:55 PM, The Ouzo said:

thats BEEG.

Whats the total height ?

I estimate around 10 kilos all in all. It’s a work of art by itself. Height I reckon around 1.5 metres. 

Lego in my day wAs blocks and things, these days it’s a whole new ball game. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

• 4 months later...