• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

That's quite nice!

I got these for christmas. 

Technics ones were technically (lol) for my lightie. So we built them together. Me telling him which pieces to get, and him putting the attachments in the illustrated places. 

Nice!

No Lego for anyone this Christmas, but my daughter (aka Lord Business) dispacted her micromanagers (aka Dad) to organise all her Lego sets... so we just finished a marathon Lego building session where we built all of her sets... I'm all Elves and Friends lego'ed out... Differentiating between different shades of pink and purple piecies! :blink:  

:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

Spent the last hour reading most of the posts. I'm going to get into the Lego scene.

I'm not into Starwars, but rather anything car or bike or plane related. So I'm thinking of starting with the technics sets but the architecture also looks challenging.

Would you recommend getting a few of the creator sets over time to build a reasonably priced and varied collection? I'm a bit OCD (apparently!) so would prefer a specific series and then going on with it.

I guess seeing the Lego of the BMW GS on Facebook as well as the Porsche and the Specialized in this thread has sealed the deal for me.

I've taken note of the shops and online options discussed in various posts, but as I'm going to New York for a few days soon, is it worth doing the shopping there?

Hope to be posting pics of a build soon [emoji1303]

Hi

Spent the last hour reading most of the posts. I'm going to get into the Lego scene.

I'm not into Starwars, but rather anything car or bike or plane related. So I'm thinking of starting with the technics sets but the architecture also looks challenging.

Would you recommend getting a few of the creator sets over time to build a reasonably priced and varied collection? I'm a bit OCD (apparently!) so would prefer a specific series and then going on with it.

I guess seeing the Lego of the BMW GS on Facebook as well as the Porsche and the Specialized in this thread has sealed the deal for me.

I've taken note of the shops and online options discussed in various posts, but as I'm going to New York for a few days soon, is it worth doing the shopping there?

Hope to be posting pics of a build soon [emoji1303]

I have a cousin in the States who's into Lego too and we were discussing pricing.  It seemed pretty similar... I guess it will vary from model to model, but we were comparing pricing on the new GS800.

I tend to buy on Takealot (if on special) or use our local Lego shop called Kiddiwinks... 

Enjoy!  Lego is addictive...

I have a cousin in the States who's into Lego too and we were discussing pricing.  It seemed pretty similar... I guess it will vary from model to model, but we were comparing pricing on the new GS800.

I tend to buy on Takealot (if on special) or use our local Lego shop called Kiddiwinks... 

Enjoy!  Lego is addictive...

+1 Kiddiwinks or Creativeplay.co.za

Went to the shop by Makro in Centurion. The GS motorbike cost R764 and online NYC is $59. So very similar.

Only "advantage" could be to buy scarce items. Porsche $299 and Takelot quotes around R8500

Have it been mentioned? There are some really good Lego videos (mini movies) on youtube.

They are actually funny and well made. My son enjoys them to the point that he wants every single set featured ????

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk