Dumbass mountain bikers!!!!!

Cruz Addict

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the Golovane race my bother and I chose not to push through the bunch at the start... we started at the back... there was a huuuugh bottle neck for the first 2km or so... took us 15 minutes to get there...but when we started racing... we just overtook everyone... it was an awesome feeling... B)

If we started where we usually do we would have been playing see-saw the whole time... this was a new experience and it was cool!... if we had been pissed about the bottleneck... we might not have enjoyed the cannibalism! :eek:

Now we just need to get better at the technical sections :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'd rather have the dumbasses riding mtb. Helps the sport, brings down the individual price of bikes and races.

I find the people that don't let you go past on the single track more annoying.

I find people that demand track annoying.

Odd but the louder they shout the slower i get, i can go very sloowwwww.

Edited by scotty

Mountain biking, the new golf :(

I know somebody (female) who bought a MTB so she can get 'mooi boudjies'.... she should rather have bought a helmet with the bike

Sounds like something my sister recently did/said. maybe you know her? I'll send u a pm. As for the OP just relax get there a bit earlier or just make your own track

'Passing right' seems to do the trick for me. Shouting 'track' might have the pour fellow falling over a rock in the grass into my line..

It has to be said that said bottle necks are sometimes caused by the race organisers. Letting a 70 km and a 20km event share the same single track for the last few kilometers of the race is never a good idea in my books. i am sure no one likes riding the #*&$ out of their bike bike, really pushing for a good time, only to get stuck behind people that cannot ride over a 5c coin 5km from the finish.

that being said, yes we all had to start at some point. one would just think that race organisers would plan some of these events better (and no I am not saying this is what whent wrong at the USN race though lost of people where complaining about bottle necks)

I find people that demand track annoying.

Odd but the louder they shout the slower i get, i can can go very sloowwwww.

Witness the Flying Nun footage… :whistling:

I would like to hesitate a guess at the age of this guy.....14?

I suggest he comes and works for me, and try and do something that I have mastered. I will make sure to shout at him while he is slow at doing the work that I will do 10 times faster than him...

Patience is a sign of maturity...

Edited by Octavian

The holdups in the USN race was nice . Got to meet a lot of new people while we stood around waiting for our turn to walk the bridge .

As for the two numbnuts that tried to push to the front , I did not see either of you on the podium !!! What happened ?

I would like to hesitate a guess at the age of this guy.....14?

I suggest he comes and works for me, and try and do something that I have mastered. I will make sure to shout at him while he is slow at doing the work that I will do 10 times faster than him...

Patience is a sign of maturity...

3 and half actually, while the rants and raves about how i need to up my game , ride faster, be more patient etc are typical of the type of answers given by the "mature" audience we have here on the hub, you all miss the point, i was not slating people for being slow, nor was i stating that they cannot learn i was making a statement about the fact that they cannot as mr single track pointed out, ride over a 5c coin, i do not expect people to be able to do a downhill track in their fist or even 100th race but a 2 ft rise on the path does not constitute a mountain nor does it make sense that when skills run out these people stop in the middle of the track and stop the rest of us, i too run out of skill, more often than i would like to admit but when i do i get the F*** out of the way so more competent riders can pass without having to stop, and that is my point in it entirety. :cursing:

Person in front of you have track simple as that unless they are walking...it's your job to pass them, not your right. Like other people asked, why are you behind them if you are such a machine??? If you are behind them on the same race distance they don't have to let you go by...it's a race demmit.

Where distances join in tight track your fellow competitors sit with the same hurdles, if you feel that they don't, get a better seeding and hang onto their wheels...

Dude you seriously need a wake up call in life. Just because you can ride over all the stuff doesn't mean that others can, just because you deem it easy doesn't mean that it is for someone else.

They caused a bottle neck, so what? Its about getting out there and enjoying it. If you want to race for time, well then start upping your own game and ensure that your times improve and worm your way to the start of the pack, the choice is yours.

A lot of the races are beginners or are dirt roadies and guess what we have ZERO skills and the only way we are going to get them is by entering the races and trying.

Like Scotty, the more you swear, scream or shout at me, the slower I go. If you are that awesome you will find a way passed me.

What I have realised this weekend, its not about whether you ride a roadie, or a mountain biker or a dirt roadie, how you ride a bike and compete in a race, is how you are as a person, and some people are just assholes.

Batch Starts please,

I have to agree with the OP to a degree, if you run out of tallent, please walk off the line.