Dumbass mountain bikers!!!!!

Cruz Addict

I did the first USN race and for this exact reason I did not do the second. They should have learnt from the first race and done batch starts or encouraged those "walkers" to start at the back as there were some total tools who started in the front.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheBushpig

Ok so before I start I need to state that I ride a mountain bike, love my sport and am, I believe very patent with non experienced riders, I wait and help wherever I can.

That being said I now have to rant about stupid slow idiots that buy a mountain bike and get off at the slightest little technical section or mud, it's a frikken mountain bike you tjops it's meant to get dirty and be ridden over the bump not walked!!!!!!!

This toy throwing session is thanks in no small part to all the weekend not-so-warriors that enter races to walk through the frikken south african bush rather than ride as "it's to technical and dirty". at the risk of being taken to pieces piss off and buy a road bike!!! Referring in particular to the bottle necks experienced this weekend at the USN cup race and other races.

Sincerely those that ride their mountain bikes.

Chapter 1 of "How to make friends and influence people", 2nd edition. ;)

Or option 3...

When you and Chris are building jumps again, make another jump line to the one side with smaller, flatter, easier gaps and even some table tops.

haha! Last time we were building he had another idea...

he did build a line to the side...

but it is SUPER-tech. The aim was that only 10 gauteng riders would have the skill to do it. I guess everyone who can't is a dumba$$ (myself included... I face planted on my first and last attempt :lol: )

Ahhh this old chestnut....a few observations...

1. Most bottlenecks are caused by congestion not technical skills - one person puts their foot down and everybody walks simply because the mass of people block up the obstacle. If everyone stopped for 5 seconds and allowed the lead rider to mount and ride everybody would ride but alas human nature forces everyone to edge forward until no one can ride.

2. Everybody is somebody's bitch in mtb. The noobie is the intermediate's bitch. The intermediate is the expert's bitch and the epxert is the downillers/freerider's bitch. The amateur downhiller/freeriders is the pro DH/FR's bitch. Whatever the OP's skill level is there is a solid chance someone else will call him a newby and moan about him walking a 10m rocky drop off.

I find the people that don't let you go past on the single track more annoying.

Please could you explain to me why I should move out of your way on a single track?

If you're so much faster than me you should've (and probably would've) gotten there before me. And if it's a case of me starting earlier than you because I'm doing a longer race you should butch up and enter the longer race so you can start at the same time as me. But somehow I think it's a case of you being stronger for about 5 minutes on a single trace but for the rest of the race the "slower" person in front of you is actually stronger and you just don't want to admit it. Enlighten me please - if you can!

The organizers must learn from these experiences. And also don't start batches so close to each other!

No more future USN events for me, thank you.

For a "Crazy Child" that is very well said! I had more than a mouthful to say (in a good way) to those laaities who push their way past while we were all waiting in line at the bottle-necks. One responded to my "waarheen is jy so haastig oppad boetie?" With a "jammer oom ek is net haastig vandag". It was quite funny at the time

Sad part of that is, the kids parents don't seem to be teaching their kids manners or respect either. I saw a couple of Dad's riding with their kids on 94.7 mtb last year and instead of teaching their children to wait their turn, they were showing them how to push in and think they are better than everyone else waiting their turn.

i did an event once, wasnt what I expected, also had issued with bottle necks. Sometimes you experience this on a trail as well, especially on a busy day. We experience it daily in traffic!!!!! So you must be one of those guys that push their way past the que, cause you dont have the patience to allow the line to move along.

MTB is about enjoying yourself, unless its your job then it is slightly different. Pity people cant accomdate each other nowadays, it is always about oneself and what one wants right now.

haha! Last time we were building he had another idea...

he did build a line to the side...

but it is SUPER-tech. The aim was that only 10 gauteng riders would have the skill to do it. I guess everyone who can't is a dumba$$ (myself included... I face planted on my first and last attempt :lol: )

Hehe. Counts me out.

There is a new small jump on the Spruit going down the slight hill (RHS) towards the Tana Rd intersection before going up to Emmerentia. That one is brilliant because It's nearly impossible to get it badly wrong with the huge downhill landing.

Ahhh this old chestnut....a few observations

2. Everybody is somebody's bitch in mtb.

Hey dude. Long time no ride... Remember Van Gaalens :D

Hey dude. Long time no ride... Remember Van Gaalens :D

Indeed. My back still hurts at the memory!

That day was my turn to be the bitch!!!! If the OP had opened his gob about me being blocking the course on that day I would have miraculously healed and beaten him senseless with my minipump :devil:

We must get in a ride sometime soon - wanna join us this Saturday to ride in the new Modderfontein bike park?

We must get in a ride sometime soon - wanna join us this Saturday to ride in the new Modderfontein bike park?

Sounds like a plan. Will email you.

Crackberry,our sport does not need idiots like you!!! Personally I think you are the dumbass!

Everybody has different level's of skill and confidence. What seems easy to you might be terrifying to a beginner.

What gives you the right to decide who must ride or walk what sections of track???

Show some level of maturity dumbass!

If you were a decent mtb rider you would anticipate the bottleneck and make a plan to get through it in the quickest possible way and push to make up the couple of minutes you lost! What are you doing at the back of the field anyway??

Man I get irritated with egotistical MTB riders who think they are Gods gift to mountain biking.

Crackberry just realise that your actions and attittude can chase people away from our awesome sport of mountain biking.

I did a MTB race once. Improved my skills immeasurably because I let idiots like the OP through. Therefore I was actually riding the technical stuff on the left, and he was riding the easy, simple track. He's evidently a boob ... er, noob..

I'm sure it's all the dirtroadies in mountain biking causing the problems :whistling: :oops:

Is a mountainbiker on the road a roaddirty ? Edited by Blokman