Telling people you haven't done the Epic.

Shebeen

common question: so have you done the Epic?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. what's your response when people ask if you've done it?

• it's too expensive
    • it's too tough
    • can't find the right partner
    • it's on the bucket list
    • kak route
    • don't give a sh1t about the posers and their $$$$$$

Cant. My bikes got a puncture and i dont know how to fix it.

David? Is that you?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R20K is too rich for my blood.

Great value for experience - but soft, smelly, lumpy *** value for money.

Thread magazine ran an article on if we are being ripped off at stage races based on the actual costs of staging the event. To my mind they got it completely wrong - I really don't care if Kevin drives a Bently or a Beetle - R20K is terrible value for money. I've said it before and I'll say it again - for that kind of moola I'd rather spend a week being pampered in a luxury hotel in Zanzibar than spend a week living in a tent riding my bike around Cape Town.

If, however, I got a media/sponsored/rich sugar mommy entry I'd be there tomorrow!

Ye id sooner go on holiday or buy a new frame,wheelset and sum beers.. :thumbup:

Ye id sooner go on holiday or buy a new frame,wheelset and sum beers.. :thumbup:

Hell yeah! For R20K/annum I could have 3 and a bit Guinness per day - there is no bike race on earth that can measure up to that!

Hell yeah! For R20K/annum I could have 3 and a bit Guinness per day - there is no bike race on earth that can measure up to that!

I won't drink during the week, so then I can have 11-ish Guinness a day over weekends

Edited by TNT1

One of my pet hates as a mtb'er, as soon as the mtb topic comes up between me & non-mtb'ing friends, family, colleagues, acquaintances etc, I invariably gets asked " So when are you doing the Epic???". Mo matter what excuse you give, it always sounds kind of lame.

Edited by Skubarra

Guest Omega Man

That looks absolutely awesome.

I just saw the entry list. Dan Atherton, Fabien Barel, Nicolas Vouiloz. Maybe not such a good idea after all.

for pretty much the same money you could do the Trans Provence. INCLUDING flights to Europe.

http://www.trans-pro...com/dates.shtml

Hmm agree it looks awesome but according to the website does not include flights to Europe

"The price does not include flights, bottled/canned drinks or sports massage therapy"

So once you add flights to the 14K Ronds :eek:

And only take 70 participants....

I'm waiting for it to get harder.

Yeah.

After riding the Tour, the Giro and the Vuelta in the same year, the Epic isn't really all that much of a challenge.