Coffee machine

You lot are all nuts - the cost of operating one of those toys is huge compared to running a real espresso machine.. and of course imho the coffee is not great - you might as well put flavoured syrup into it.. smile.png

I have a lot of flavored syrup, I travel regularly to the USA and they are big on adding flavors as you probably know, so I always bring some of the better ones back, Hazelnut and Amaretto are the most popular syrup's but they have many, - but its like comparing "chalk and cheese" if you compare the Nespresso blends like Coconut to a coconut flavored syrup - the Nespresso blend is 1000 times better.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just beware....looking leads to buying.

laugh.png - Ha, Ha, yeah, I am thinking of buying one of the smaller machines for my Holiday Home on the Vaal - I go there quite regularly just for the day and a nice Nespresso would be great. If I go for a weekend or something I load my Nespresso and take it with, but its a bit of a hassle for just a day.

I have a lot of flavored syrup, I travel regularly to the USA and they are big on adding flavors as you probably know, so I always bring some of the better ones back, Hazelnut and Amaretto are the most popular syrup's but they have many, - but its like comparing "chalk and cheese" if you compare the Nespresso blends like Coconut to a coconut flavored syrup - the Nespresso blend is 1000 times better.

C'mon man.... Coffe should have two flavours only. Strong enough and not strong enough. Flavours belong in juice. whistling.gif

C'mon man.... Coffe should have two flavours only. Strong enough and not strong enough. Flavours belong in juice. whistling.gif

Yeah, its not something I add to every coffee and definitely not to a blended Nespresso, but it has its days. In winter I brew up a nice big cuppa, add a shot of Hazelnut and Amaretto and settle down with a honey rusk. biggrin.png

Man, ...........cant wait for Winter again.! laugh.png

Sacrilege guys. If you want a milkshake go to milky lane and buy a milkshake. Coffee should be coffee flavor and should be brewed from beans you just ground yourself. The labour depends on your skill and the quality of your beans and equipment.

But hey, some people like Frisco apparently.

Sacrilege guys. If you want a milkshake go to milky lane and buy a milkshake. Coffee should be coffee flavor and should be brewed from beans you just ground yourself. The labour depends on your skill and the quality of your beans and equipment.

But hey, some people like Frisco apparently.

Fair enough but thats your opinion. Others mileage may differ, and there appears to be many "others", as the Nespresso Coconut flavour is sold out after less than a week.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Frisco and Nespresso can't coexist in the same realm.

Come to think of it Frisco and cat piss can't even coexist in the same realm.

laugh.png - Ha, Ha, yeah I agree, - have you tasted the new Variations nut flavors Dangle?

Not a chance I am reading all of these pages!

I bought a russels hobbs expresso maker few months back. Just the expresso and frother.

Got a krupps grinder as well.

I was using a mocca pot before this and it was also good.

But value for money the russel has served me really well.

You need to start off with a good fresh roast.

My friend owns a roaster and I get awesome fresh beans from his company. What a difference!

If your beans are old it tastes rubbish.

Grind what you need the leftover goes bad quick (by the next day, even if zipped locked)

You will need to play with your technique when making your coffee and take some amazing and some not so amazing cups.......

But I can happily say now that I hate ordering coffee from anywhere now because I am always dissopointed as I love my own coffee more.

Frisco and Nespresso can't coexist in the same realm.

Come to think of it Frisco and cat piss can't even coexist in the same realm.

My sister in law used to drink Frisco. I'm glad I don't have to drink coffee at her house anymore. She moved to the UK...... In fact I don't drink coffee at anybody's house anymore unless it has been made properly... Lifes too short for instant!

My sister in law used to drink Frisco. I'm glad I don't have to drink coffee at her house anymore. She moved to the UK...... In fact I don't drink coffee at anybody's house anymore unless it has been made properly... Lifes too short for instant!

you would drink it at my place. ;)

I even take my machine on holiday.

you would drink it at my place. wink.png

I even take my machine on holiday.

No doubt! I will drink coffee at anybody's house as long as it is made properly. I am even considering getting an Aeropress for holidays and to use at the office. (I drink tea and water at work. No more Nescafe...)

No doubt! I will drink coffee at anybody's house as long as it is made properly. I am even considering getting an Aeropress for holidays and to use at the office. (I drink tea and water at work. No more Nescafe...)

Aeropress is fantastic. Use it for holidays and camping. Have a hand grinder as well to go with it.