Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a bit of a problem at work. We have a really nice Jura machine, but they have crap coffee.

At least I think it's crap - Pierre Lotti Coffee. It's cheap, so they'll keep buying it.

Anyone have an alternative that I can suggest for a similar price?

Thats wierd i have the same issue at work, Jura impressa XS9 and really REALLY **** coffee...

Guest Travis.

What is the price per pack? Are you looking at 250g or 500g or 1kg packs? Also, where are you situated?

They're priced between R35-40 per 250g. Any size would work, I'm sure.

We have the Impressa X95 in the room I'm sitting in. They are using Sprada coffee, which is Tribeca. The other office I usually work in use Origin in the Jura

Guest Travis.

Thats wierd i have the same issue at work, Jura impressa XS9 and really REALLY **** coffee...

You sure we dpnt work together? We have the Xs90

Mmmmm. Woolworths (Tribeca) Continental Espresso beans go for about R40. The thing is, sometimes the coffee is on the shelf for long.

Maybe check their website www.tribeca.co.za

You sure we dpnt work together? We have the Xs90

Well we don't use Pierre Lotti in our Jura, but you just might be in another division...

We have a bit of a problem at work. We have a really nice Jura machine, but they have crap coffee.

At least I think it's crap - Pierre Lotti Coffee. It's cheap, so they'll keep buying it.

Anyone have an alternative that I can suggest for a similar price?

www.beanthere.co.za

They do deliver for corporates, and they datestamp the bags - just subtract 1 year from the sticker, and that is the roast date.

Aside from using better coffee - fiddle with the settings - Dose, temp and grind are adjustable on the machine - I would start at the finest grind available, maximum dose and the hottest temperature, and work from there.... one variable at a time...

No corporate I know EVER dials their super auto's in at all...

www.beanthere.co.za

They do deliver for corporates, and they datestamp the bags - just subtract 1 year from the sticker, and that is the roast date.

I take it you have experience with their beans? Any preference? They are literally down the road from where I work and was intending on trying some of their coffee. I love Origin, but they're a bit on the the pricey side. The WW cafe's are also selling the beans they use for R200/kg. Which is a good price. What concerns me is the shelf life and they only sell them in 1kg bags as well. I would assume that the bags are well sealed though OR should I rather just stick to something that's been recently roasted? Edited by cadenceblur

I take it you have experience with their beans? Any preference? They are literally down the road from where I work and was intending on trying some of their coffee. I love Origin, but they're a bit on the the pricey side. The WW cafe's are also selling the beans they use for R200/kg. Which is a good price. What concerns me is the shelf life and they only sell them in 1kg bags as well. I would assume that the bags are well sealed though OR should I rather just stick to something that's been recently roasted?

NOTHING has shelf life for top end espresso (no matter how well sealed the bags are, they have a 1 way valve to release gas - or the bag blows up).... but.... in a super auto that's not the primary objective - consistency of taste is - especially as the beans age - so for instance I have had huge taste swings in some of the stuff from Tribeca - which is really really bad ito taste - even within the first 2 weeks post roast. My wife has lately been buying Saeco's super auto coffee - not 100% sure where she gets it - probably from the local Saeco agent which is walking distance from home.

We do buy from Beanthere for the office - mostly it's a convenience thing - and they supply cleaning and descaling tabs for the machines too - so that is useful. We even have a Nespresso machine in the office - nobody uses it..

Personally I sometimes import coffee from the USA, but locally I mostly buy from a local roaster - www,ikhofi.co.za, sometimes from stillcoffee, sometimes from beanthere, sometimes from doubleshot, and sometimes from a guy near the Orange river, and I subscribe to a local coffee clubs local roaster lucky packet - mostly for giggles..

I stay away from very dark roasts, and oily beans for the super autos, and much prefer very light roasts for espresso - City + is about as dark as I normally go.

Anyone tried the new Nespresso flavors, I got an email saying the new Kazaar and Dharkan Grand Cru's are in store.? Quite high intensity of 12 and 11 respectively.

I need some more pods so I was thinking of trotting over to Sandton and trying them.?

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Anyone tried the new Nespresso flavors, I got an email saying the new Kazaar and Dharkan Grand Cru's are in store.? Quite high intensity of 12 and 11 respectively.

I need some more pods so I was thinking of trotting over to Sandton and trying them.?

Did not even know there are new flavours, just sent my brother to go get!

Did not even know there are new flavours, just sent my brother to go get!

Yeah, sometimes I get the promotional email sometimes not,.....seems its a bit hit and miss, but this one I got. Luckily. :)

Let us know what you think, I was hoping to go today but it didn't happen, maybe tomorrow.

Nespresso seems to be bringing out new cru's quite frequently now which is kinda nice, keeps one interested as it were.