Coffee machine

Grind gets finer as it ages, and heads the other way when you start again with fresh beans - its a never ending hunt..... But with practice it gets easier.

If you necter have to change the grind, to keep flow and the blondiing point the same, then chances are you are using stale coffee - properly fresh coffee changes every day.... And the taste changes too - which can be good, bad or terrible...

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oops - Necter should read NEVER...

The other thing that sometimes affects the grind is the weather - the more humid it gets, sometimes you have to loosen the grind - so yesterday with the rain in jhb, I went couser a couple of clicks, and today finer - but not all the way - if it stays dry overnight, then tomorrow it will be finer still - this is something I do almost automatically on a rainy day.

Eventually purchased a Macap M5D grinder. So I can now give is a better "shot"...

Never released the age of the beans effects the grind so much...interesting. Will keep this in mind.

Eventually purchased a Macap M5D grinder. So I can now give is a better "shot"...

Never released the age of the beans effects the grind so much...interesting. Will keep this in mind.

Bean age post roast affects a lot of things.... most importantly taste... and mouth feel..

Also remember that your new grinder will take a while to settle in - at least 5kg of beans.... so prepare for a few 'funnies' in the early stages.... look on it as a character building experience...

Thinking of buying the Jura ENA 9 one touch.

Any thoughts??

Good machine - you will be happy with it.

So we are all coffee lovers and we have a very special bond with our machines and beans.

SO: what do YOU do when you are at lets say a friends place and you get offered jacobs coffee? worse still the unspeakable ricoffee or fresco :thumbdown: . WHAT DO YOU DO??

Is it a case of hat, coat, door or do you man up and drink the filth?

So we are all coffee lovers and we have a very special bond with our machines and beans.

SO: what do YOU do when you are at lets say a friends place and you get offered jacobs coffee? worse still the unspeakable ricoffee or fresco :thumbdown: . WHAT DO YOU DO??

Is it a case of hat, coat, door or do you man up and drink the filth? Just opt for tea instead, that's what I do.

I'd rather take tea than bad coffee. But yes do get the problem a lot.

Ask for tea... or a beer... water even...

You quickly figure out who serves decent coffee... and they get to know you... so they usually avoid offering coffee.. except for my mates I have converted, and the couple that converted me...