Coffee machine

So does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to one of these hairo kettles?

post-19733-0-81288800-1406034295_thumb.png

The cheapest I can find is R740.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive also been looking, really dont wanna spend that on a kettle that doesnt boil....

Ive also been looking, really dont wanna spend that on a kettle that doesnt boil....

Haha, I was wondering how tough it would to make one out of something.

Sorry but what makes it so expensive and what does it do?

Updates please ☺

OK - update - tech arrived before the plumber finished up and commissioned the machine using a couple of buckets as water source and drain - then the granite guys arrived to do some fixups on the countertop - then there was a leak in the drain, so the plumber arrived back today to fix what turned out to be an amazingly dumb piece of work - I will post a pic tomorrow - basically put the entrance for a drain below the drain pipe... he finally left at 3 today, (d..s arrived at 8:30) and I took the plastic off..... and made about 50 espressos to get the grinder in the ballpark - but it's going to take a while to settle down and get everything tuned - need to spend time with a scale to sort out the grinder timer settings and set up the volumetric programming - kind of a circular process.... I am not going to worry too much till we have about 10kg through the grinder - should take a week or 2..... Needless to say if you are in the Rosebank area, you are welcome to drop by if I am in the office.

OK - update - tech arrived before the plumber finished up and commissioned the machine using a couple of buckets as water source and drain - then the granite guys arrived to do some fixups on the countertop - then there was a leak in the drain, so the plumber arrived back today to fix what turned out to be an amazingly dumb piece of work - I will post a pic tomorrow - basically put the entrance for a drain below the drain pipe... he finally left at 3 today, (d..s arrived at 8:30) and I took the plastic off..... and made about 50 espressos to get the grinder in the ballpark - but it's going to take a while to settle down and get everything tuned - need to spend time with a scale to sort out the grinder timer settings and set up the volumetric programming - kind of a circular process.... I am not going to worry too much till we have about 10kg through the grinder - should take a week or 2..... Needless to say if you are in the Rosebank area, you are welcome to drop by if I am in the office.

Which grinder did you get for it? A Mahlkonig? I know those guys at koldserv love selling them as sets ;-)

Which grinder did you get for it? A Mahlkonig? I know those guys at koldserv love selling them as sets ;-)

Mazzer Kony Electronic - nothing has come from Koldserve yet.... that may change tomorrow.... :)

Mazzer Kony Electronic - nothing has come from Koldserve yet.... that may change tomorrow.... :)

As long as its a K30 Vario to go with your Linea... Hmmmmmm

As long as its a K30 Vario to go with your Linea... Hmmmmmm

LOL... Need a decent commercial grinder.... not a toy.... :)

LOL... Need a decent commercial grinder.... not a toy.... :)

So if not a K30 then what are you thinking?

Bought a DeLonghi a few years back and really enjoyed experimenting with different beans, steam and grind settings to get the perfect cup.

My wife gave me a nesspresso machine for Christmas now I hardly ever use the DeLonghi

Pods are a bit more expensive per cup but the price of the machine makes up for it. Besides it’s a perfect cup everytime and I can change the coffee flavor with every cup.

Damn V12 Man. That's a crazy machine. Good luck with the setup. Where's your store?

Edited by BFGK30

Damn V12 Man. That's a crazy machine. Good luck with the setup. Where's your store?

It isn't a store B) it's his office!!!!