Coffee machine

You got very lucky. From what I understand, the Olympia Cremina is in a class of its own when it comes to manual levers with pressurized boiler. It does not have the temperature related issues that LP Europiccola users experience when pulling multiple shots.

Is you La Pavoni the Europiccola or the Professional?

My pavoni is a pre-millennium professional

The cremina rocks the shots.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't need the temperature stability of the Cremina as he doesn't pull more than two shots at any time. Me, on the other hand, need it, have lots of dinner parties at home.

Come on the_nerd, send the Cremina on to your brother, it is Christmas time [emoji106] :whistling:

The fully serviced Cimbali I gave you works better for you as an auto can produce multiple shots consistently. [emoji108] [emoji12]

The fully serviced Cimbali I gave you works better for you as an auto can produce multiple shots consistently. [emoji108] [emoji12]

But I WAAAAANT a lever[emoji24] [emoji22] [emoji25] [emoji26]

I opened it this morning and it's 100% original asbestos and all.

It works great. Picked up some descale this morning so I'll give it a proper clean later.

As long as that asbestos is not loose and flakey it is fine - if it creates dust on your fingers - then it needs to be removed and replaced with a modern insulator.

Easy enough to do under water.

I use a russell hobbs semi-automatic machine, cost me 1k.... With a Hario hand burr grinder that cost me around 500... Have not seen anything in that price range that can compare!!!

Granted it really can't compare to a proper Semi-Automatic machine for around 10k, like a Rancilio Silvia  :w00t:  :drool:  which I will own at some point in time. But it makes better coffee than most automatic machines for under 10k 

It's mostly about the barista after all!!! 

post-41965-0-48579600-1416993699_thumb.jpeg

As long as that asbestos is not loose and flakey it is fine - if it creates dust on your fingers - then it needs to be removed and replaced with a modern insulator.

Easy enough to do under water.

Its solid hey, no flakes or dust.

The machine is amazingly well kept, a little sticky like dirty kitchen but that cleaned right up.

Its solid hey, no flakes or dust.

The machine is amazingly well kept, a little sticky like dirty kitchen but that cleaned right up.

Cool - the dust is the issue - no dust, no big issue.

I am still envious.... :)

Cool - the dust is the issue - no dust, no big issue.

I am still envious.... :)

I literally drove home in silence every couple of minutes going

"WTF how did i just buy an Olympia in Krugersdorp?" and just laughing to myself...

Just a quick snap of my set-up now! Pleased with what I got now...

attachicon.gifIMAG0457.jpg

Time for a real grinder... after that there is no place to go easily to improve quality....

Time for a real grinder... after that there is no place to go easily to improve quality....

Yeah the grinder is a commercial grade grinder just small! It works perfectly with the small portafilters of the Pavoni and the Olympia (Both around the 49mm size!) but alas I want better!

I really would like a Mazzer but to find one for a reasonable price is very hard, but in saying that I own 2 vintage lever machines for less than the price of the grinder next to them ha ha so one might pop up!

Yeah the grinder is a commercial grade grinder just small! It works perfectly with the small portafilters of the Pavoni and the Olympia (Both around the 49mm size!) but alas I want better!

I really would like a Mazzer but to find one for a reasonable price is very hard, but in saying that I own 2 vintage lever machines for less than the price of the grinder next to them ha ha so one might pop up!

Find a BIG conical grinder....

My opinion is that portafilter size does not impact your selection of grinder (and I don't think they are more forgiving than the bigger pf's) - but it's strictly an opinion.

BUT - the quality of the actuall filter DOES make a difference - even if it is hard to quantify.

Find a BIG conical grinder....

My opinion is that portafilter size does not impact your selection of grinder (and I don't think they are more forgiving than the bigger pf's) - but it's strictly an opinion.

BUT - the quality of the actuall filter DOES make a difference - even if it is hard to quantify.

What grinder are you using at the office? and at home?

What grinder are you using at the office? and at home?

At the office, a Kony Electronic.

At home a Robur E, and I have a Mini Electronic in a box (theoretically a decaf grinder... without countertop space.... yet.... :) )

At the office, a Kony Electronic.

At home a Robur E, and I have a Mini Electronic in a box (theoretically a decaf grinder... without countertop space.... yet.... :) )

This.

I have the levers and you have the grinders...

Looking to sell our Jura F50.  About 8 years old but good condition and well looked after if anyone is interested.  Around 6k seems fair?