Coffee machine

You guys are making me want to scratch an itch I don't have! That Isomac is a beautiful machine indeed. Happy with my Oscar, but maybe it's time for something else... Had it for two years now. Wouldn't mind a machine with a rotary pump...

They do make that one in a version with a rotary pump - the "bar" version I understand has a rotary - might need to be specially ordered.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are making me want to scratch an itch I don't have! That Isomac is a beautiful machine indeed. Happy with my Oscar, but maybe it's time for something else... Had it for two years now. Wouldn't mind a machine with a rotary pump...

Rotary mod the oscar!!

Rotary makes it nice and quiet with a real decent flow!

It is the reason I still use lever machines, I can't afford a rotary machine :-/

Rotary mod the oscar!!

It needs more than just a rotary pump as modification - better to just change machines - otoh - if you like fiddling there is a lot you can do to it.

http://www.home-barista.com/search-results.html?q=oscar+modifications&ie=ISO-8859-1&cof=FORID%3A9&cx=partner-pub-1874394195286019%3Aih80ev-qwtj&siteurl=www.home-barista.com%2Fsearch.php&ref=www.home-barista.com%2F&ss=5018j2972034j20

I enjoy the Oscar,it's quite capable for my needs. Aesthetically I guess it leaves a bit to be desired.

It's a bit noisy and the fact that I need to manage the heating up process is a bit of an irritation with the whole steam knob procedure.

I do a lot of steaming, so a DB heat exchanger it would have to be.

Just had a fantastic cappuccino from Wimpy

Perfection in a cup, think they use distilled water which makes the difference

I am not surprised that you enjoyed it. Most of the women I know are fond of Wimpy cappuccinos.

DB heat exchanger it would have to be.

Err.... nope - don't get Double boilers with heat exchangers...

Its either a DB machine OR a HX machine. :)

It is actually more complicated that that - because the DB machines use HX's to pre heat the water for the brew boiler... still - either HX or DB....

Err.... nope - don't get Double boilers with heat exchangers...

Its either a DB machine OR a HX machine. :)

It is actually more complicated that that - because the DB machines use HX's to pre heat the water for the brew boiler... still - either HX or DB....

Yes, that's what I meant, left out the word "OR"

Some of them do - but I don't see it on the isomac.it web site - possibly it has been discontinued, but they definately existhttp://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/machines/62528

You would not be dissapointed in the vibe pump version though - it's a solid machine.

had a look - bit of an old thread, so probably is discontinued.

Need a find a good spot where I can see these machines in action.