Coffee machine

Honestly I don't like its looks at all. Glass sides doesn't work for me. It's just visual clutter.

As for its specs I'm totally not qualified to say.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got my heart set on the Linea Mini, this has just "come up"

I am also after the Linea Mini. End of the year I hope to buy one. Have you any indications of price?

Anyone know where I could get a Rancilio Sylvia Steam Wand in Cape Town (preferably the V2 model).

I just got my hands on a Gaggia Classic and see that I can mod the steam wand with very little hassle. Just need to find a suitable replacement... That pinarello thing is terrible

Rocket Giotto? Anyone have any experience or knowledge of these machines. Found one with the specs I would like though to be honest even the specs are a bit of a thumb suck for me. Bit like reading about bicycles and choosing one from a catalogue while never having actually ridden on one. Anyway we try.

Can't find a local price for the Linea Mini. Looks amazing but I'm almost afraid to ask the price. Reccomeded by V12man so that makes me kind of want one.

The Linea Mini is going for R40 000.00 locally 

Hi guys,

I have an expobar office HX (about 16 months old) still in excellent condition with an extra naked portafilter and a 4 hole steam wand tip and a Baratza Forte grinder (basically brand new) that I want to sell.

I'm selling because I want to upgrade to a Linea Mini.

The grinder I won in a competition and used it for about 300g of beans to test it and decide if I want to keep my current grinder (Mazzer Mini) or the Baratza, but I prefer my Mazzer, so the Baratza is basically brand new.

PM me if you are interested for prices (Will give discount if you take both)

11214296_987567904608122_523018510447354expobar-office-eb1-1.jpg

The Machine is no longer available, but the grinder is still available, just 

PM me if you are interested.

We have a Slayer in our store in Cape Town, and we are considering getting a new one!

Your white slayer is not exactly sized for home use... :)

Why are you planning to swap it out? or are you just supplementing it?

Anyone know where I could get a Rancilio Sylvia Steam Wand in Cape Town (preferably the V2 model).

I just got my hands on a Gaggia Classic and see that I can mod the steam wand with very little hassle. Just need to find a suitable replacement... That pinarello thing is terrible

I also have a classic - in the end I just ended up ordering a bottomless portafilter and steam wand from ebay:

The other thing that I have found pretty useful was getting a digital meat thermometer - something like this:

cutting open the tube around the probe and placing the probe right next to the boiler to get a proxy for the internal temperature so I can figure out where in the Gaggia's rollercoaster heating and cooling cycle I am...

Just received my Aeropress, initially plan to buy pre-ground beans (Read: Beg the nerd to grind me some every now and then...), however, just wanted to put it out there if anyone has a spare manual burr grinder they are willing to part with for a reasonable cost, please let me know.

Just received my Aeropress, initially plan to buy pre-ground beans (Read: Beg the nerd to grind me some every now and then...), however, just wanted to put it out there if anyone has a spare manual burr grinder they preare willing to part with for a reasonable cost, please let me know.

pre-ground..... Nooooooo!!!!!

Bite the bullet and buy a manual grinder.... :)

finally starting to get the knack of my manual grinder...

had my grind too fine, and was grinding for days... checked out a few YouTube vids, guy grinds beans for aeropress in 2 mins...

now its too coarse, after watching this, i believe my areopress "espresso" are very very poor still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMqjk2jZ4AE

pre-ground..... Nooooooo!!!!!

Bite the bullet and buy a manual grinder.... :)

You sponsoring a Porlex?? ;-)

100% agree, bought it mainly for the trip to the UK but will probably use it in the office since they started putting ciro beans in the machines on our floors.

Undecided if i take some to the Nerd to grind for me and take with or to find beans locally, waiting for accommodation confirmation so i can check whats local in the area there.