Coffee machine

The Nespresso is a great machine, what bugs me is that the system that costs just over R3000 in SA costs R1900 in Germany - Same system????

I was there on business and would have brought it home if i had the space.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk of coffee...

I am craving a hazelnut latte.

Think i will get my domestic to make me one.

You calling your wife the domestic .... no pain killers will be able to take away the pain she can cause if you are in fact calling her that w00t.gif

You calling your wife the domestic .... no pain killers will be able to take away the pain she can cause if you are in fact calling her that w00t.gif

No man.

My actual domestic worker.

My wife is at work and there is no way i am getting up off the couch with my....condition.

No man.

My wife is at work and there is no way i am getting up off the couch with my....condition.

Thats the cools thing with nespresso...no skill involved ...just push button...great coffee.

IMHO

No man.

I s'pose that's another benefit of having a Nespresso. Pretty much anybody can use it...

No man.

Just stirring and pardon the pun in the coffee machine thread :)

I have not been a fan of the Nespresso machine because of the "press the button" concept, also find the machines that froth the milk for you to not get the texture right and when doing the milk by hand with a traditional steam wand you can control this and how you pour the milk too.

I

Just stirring and pardon the pun in the coffee machine thread smile.png

I have not been a fan of the Nespresso machine because of the "press the button" concept, also find the machines that froth the milk for you to not get the texture right and when doing the milk by hand with a traditional steam wand you can control this and how you pour the milk too.

I see your point.

Its like this.

If you want convenience....nespresso

if you want to play and take matters into your own hands...other methods.

You have to ask yourself the question...is coffee brewing a hobby, or just something you do to drink a warm beverage that tastes good.

Based on your answer, you know which direction to go.

I

I see your point.

Its like this.

If you want convenience....nespresso

if you want to play and take matters into your own hands...other methods.

You have to ask yourself the question...is coffee brewing a hobby, or just something you do to drink a warm beverage that tastes good.

Based on your answer, you know which direction to go.

Got you..... I know where my coffee addition fix falls

Bialetti just bought out a espresso machine + steam wand ... looks pretty cool. I know they also compatable with capsules & grounds.. (and it looks pretty damn funky)

Bialetti stove top a must in every italian household ... very cool, and a nice way to drink coffee ...

Its also not badly priced ... saw them in italy and didnt buy one ... Hind sight is .... not good.

This is also an interesting concept for portable espresso, called Portapresso:

More here:

http://www.portaspresso.com/

After opening the link, this immediately came to mind:

http://images.carparts.com/design/assets/classroom/images/pressuretester.jpg

I remember seeing a coffee axtraction system somewhere that used CO2 bombs to make espresso. Can't remember if it was here or not.

After opening the link, this immediately came to mind:

http://images.carparts.com/design/assets/classroom/images/pressuretester.jpg

I remember seeing a coffee axtraction system somewhere that used CO2 bombs to make espresso. Can't remember if it was here or not.

You are thinking about the Mypressi Twist. It uses compressed air cartridges that look similar to CO2 bombs.