2012 Honda mtb trophy

ShawnMano

Who did it this year and what are your thoughts.

Day 1 75 km was tough well i thought so. Had a blast on day 2 realy fast but not exactly 45 km closer to 42 km.

Saturday was tough, hot and dusty. Today was great-last night's rain kept the dust down and it was a bit cooler.

Any idea when and where the final results will be posted?

I loved it. Would have been disapointed if stage 1 was wasn't tough.

For an unseeded event it really didn't feel like 500 on the trail ...maybe I just got lucky.

The only other Gauteng race that got me cramping was The Magalies Monster :)

Well done to the organisers. Was a great event.

I really enjoyed the race, tough but fun. Well organised, friendly & great vibe.

Edited by d@vid

For an unseeded event it really didn't feel like 500 on the trail ...maybe I just got lucky.

Sadly we had some lengthy delays on day 1, once we turned right into the single track from the main dirt road early in the race, on the rocky descent shortly thereafter and a 15 (!) minute wait at the river crossing.

Yip, I did it. Unfortunatley I have to disagree with most of the posts. I thought it was probabaly the most boring 2 days of mountain biking I've ever ridden. I think they promised us amazing riding/singletrack? Other than a couple of challenging climbs it was mostly just farm road! I felt ripped off. Now I see why everyone is buying 29ers. That wasn't mountain biking. Won't be back next year.

Saturday was 75.4 and Sunday 42kms by my clock. Conditions this year were good and the congestion not bad nearer the front.

They do over hype it regarding the trails. Good mixture of Jeep track and some sections of single track. Definitely not the level they claim, but pleasant, hard riding nonetheless.

I really enjoy this weekend of riding. Hardish, but not crazily so...

Yip, I did it. Unfortunatley I have to disagree with most of the posts. I thought it was probabaly the most boring 2 days of mountain biking I've ever ridden. I think they promised us amazing riding/singletrack? Other than a couple of challenging climbs it was mostly just farm road! I felt ripped off. Now I see why everyone is buying 29ers. That wasn't mountain biking. Won't be back next year.

I think you will struggle to find a better event in Gauteng. Maybe the "Nissan Van Gaalens" & the "Route 69" can't think of anything els.

Maybe I am biased as I live in the area but the trail was not that great (the Sunday ride anyway), but if you know no better then it could have only been a lot of fun! My only gripe is that I think next time they should offer a discounted entry fee if you are not bothered about the braai, I had a yummy beef stew waiting for me so no way was I going to wait around!

Prize giving was painful, took way too long. Event was well organised, route was not bad but not outstanding.

Is there another link to the results? I tried the link on the www.mountain-trophy.co.za site but those are still the 2011 results.