French & Swiss Alps 2012

patches

We have indeed. Only done 2 in a sitting, followed by a couple of Grolsh drafts. The Scot couple here say the record is 8 from Bar Robinson (only open from 4 to 8) and holding it down. I still hope to manage at least 5.

Peach has had further bad luck. Their spot got broken into and his bike got swiped, along with 2 others. Patches bike at least survived that one. Not sure why they chose his busted up rig?

Plans for visiting Champery have been put on hold due to rain...

Wow that's bad luck.

I believe theft of bikes in the UK and Europe is huge

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peach has had further bad luck. Their spot got broken into and his bike got swiped, along with 2 others. Patches bike at least survived that one. Not sure why they chose his busted up rig?

That is fcken terrible. I don't suppose he has some form of traveller's insurance that'll cover the replacement?

Guest Omega Man

We have indeed. Only done 2 in a sitting, followed by a couple of Grolsh drafts. The Scot couple here say the record is 8 from Bar Robinson (only open from 4 to 8) and holding it down. I still hope to manage at least 5.

Plans for visiting Champery have been put on hold due to rain...

Jees. WTF? He only had the bike a few days. That really sucks. Sorry to hear that.

..........Peach has had further bad luck. Their spot got broken into and his bike got swiped, along with 2 others. .........

No wonder with all the Saffas hanging around France lately, the neigbourhood gone to crime and all. ;)

Still terrible news though. :thumbdown: Vasbyt.

Peach n Patch fly out tomorrow, so not a huge loss. Peaches bike was going to be written off anyway, but he would have liked to salvage some components.

All the other Euro's here lock up their bikes everynight and signs at our accommodation suggest you lock up every night.

Guest Omega Man

All the other Euro's here lock up their bikes everynight and signs at our accommodation suggest you lock up every night.

Ja. There are bike thefts over there. If I was a bike thief tho all I'd do is hang out outside Bar Robinson and follow the drunkards home. Simply pry the bike out of their flailing arms.

Ja jees sorry boys. To the guys thinking about going don't let this put you off. I guarantee you as soon as they can type they will say that they are going back for sure

To those thinking about going... Don't. It's hot, there are braking bumps, rude French people...

And if you don't go, there will be less braking bumps and shorter lift queues for Peach and i next year... :lol: Cos this is seriously some of the best riding on the planet! (sorry Mr McLean, in my opinion it beats SA as an "MTB Mecca")

(there's a reason the likes of Peaty Blenki and many other top WC riders are in town training for World Champs.)

To those thinking about going... Don't. It's hot, there are braking bumps, rude French people...

And if you don't go, there will be less braking bumps and shorter lift queues for Peach and i next year... :lol: Cos this is seriously some of the best riding on the planet! (sorry Mr McLean, in my opinion it beats SA as an "MTB Mecca")

(there's a reason the likes of Peaty Blenki and many other top WC riders are in town training for World Champs.)

I want pikkatures now!

Guest Omega Man

Now we talking

So,news from Patches is Peach has broken himself. 1 x broken arm (6 screws & 1 x plate). Green line at Chatel. Nose cased a double that he thought was table.

We head out tomorrow. Woo hoo.

Jeepers, how to make your buddy sound like a talented rider.....

What actually happened.

We where taking it easy down a green trail all the jumps had been tables and all a little short so we come around the corner and I hit the next jump in the Main riding line and it turned out to be a Black Gap jump(not good to notice once already airborn).

Who puts a Gap jump on a Green trail WTF

From the damages it looks like I 50/50 the landing. Rear triangle dented the seat post tube and it looks like the fork bottomed out from the look of the bars.

The worst part is they put a bridge there the next day. . . .

I will definately be going back next year, I only had 2 days of jam packed riding and they where AWESOME, best riding iv ever done. The riding is Amazing.

The public hospital at Thonon is like a 5 star hotel with FHM models as your nurses ;)

So basically, you're blaming your Tjopness on the fact that you were "taking it easy" on the teletubbies trail and all of a sudden a storm trooper of a gap appeared?

Nah. Don't buy it in the least...

;) :P

Edited by cptmayhem

I should have a car next year, then I'll go check it out. Need to see for myself if the Frenchies are any good at building trails.

Guest Omega Man

So basically, you're blaming your Tjopness on the fact that you were "taking it easy" on the teletubbies trail and all of a sudden a storm trooper of a gap appeared?

Nah. Don't buy it in the least...

;) :P

There are no teletubbies trails there. Only levels of incredible amazingness.

the truth! He messed himself up just for the nurses! there are easier ways to get sympathy love peach.

Jeepers, how to make your buddy sound like a talented rider.....

What actually happened.

We where taking it easy down a green trail all the jumps had been tables and all a little short so we come around the corner and I hit the next jump in the Main riding line and it turned out to be a Black Gap jump(not good to notice once already airborn).

Who puts a Gap jump on a Green trail WTF

From the damages it looks like I 50/50 the landing. Rear triangle dented the seat post tube and it looks like the fork bottomed out from the look of the bars.

The worst part is they put a bridge there the next day. . . .

I will definately be going back next year, I only had 2 days of jam packed riding and they where AWESOME, best riding iv ever done. The riding is Amazing.

The public hospital at Thonon is like a 5 star hotel with FHM models as your nurses ;)

Guest Omega Man

This is testament to the place. The oke broke an arm and his mate broke a collar bone and they are going back next year. My mate Richard is also already making plans for next year after cracked ribs this year.

I'm Selling my motocross bike so I can go again next year.

My FIRST run down Pleney was better than all of the riding I've done in South Africa combined. It's not the Hawaii of mountain biking.

It's the Hawaii, Gold Coast and Indo of Mountain Biking.