Theft at Van Gaalens

Kozin

Please be aware of your belongings, in the last two days I know of three seperate thefts

1. Stole my slip slops out of my Bakkie

2. Stole a camera belonging to reporter for the trail run event

3. Car broken into, window smashed in car park

Asked the car guard there about my shoes and all I got was an eish....

Manager was not tell helpfull either

Sad situation!

This is really not good. I hope that this will be seen to, some response from Van Gaalens on here would be nice.

Yesterday when we went, we were told that 5 cars had been broken into the night before!

While it certainly is not pleasant I think you have to treat any car park anywhere in SA the same, i.e. don't leave anything of any value in the vehicle if at all possible.

The real cause for concern is that the thieves will soon realize that bikes are worth more than slops etc and start attacking the cyclists!

Surely not going to get any better with our friend Zuma pardoning about 1,000 criminals who will soon be roaming our streets again...

No you cant shoot them.. Theft at van gaalens is very unfortunate... but someone calling other human beings names is even worse..wake up!!!zuma can't change a thing.. we can!

Quite a shocker. Lots of cars there today with the running.

Ai. Nowhere is safe anymore.

Guys, if it's a venue that people are paying good money to ride at, then there should be some element of security. It's not like we are parking the cars in a field in the middle of no where.

This needs to be looked at and dealt with immediately, and I am willing to help with something if need be. I know Kozin offered to stand car guard while we ride... Thanks buddy.

Guys I think this was purely opportunistic, the incident took place on the Friday night when the guard is off duty. In day time hours there is a guard taking money and indicating parking, and there has never been an issue. Still be safe vigilant...don't leave phones / wallets in clear view in the car anyhow.