sani 2 c???

sadamhussein

am i the only one to notice this, am i on crazy pills?!!?!

but why for the love of all things holy is it called the sani to sea if the race doesnt include sani pass???

it's like having the new york marathon in miami, or back in the day, calling it the paris dakar but starting in london.

maybe they should rather call it the - nowherenearsani2c

i'm also gonna market a mountain bike race using a spectacular natural phenomena to boost it's credibility. i'm calling it...

The Kilimanjaro 2 C !

the route will be from breedts nek to wemmer pan.

Edited by sadamhussein

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but why for the love of all things holy is it called the sani to sea if the race doesnt include sani pass???

it's like having the new york marathon in miami, or back in the day, calling it the paris dakar but starting in london.

You dont have a entry hey? :whistling:

i'm also gonna market a mountain bike race using a spectacular natural phenomena to boost it's credibility. i'm calling it...

The Kilimanjaro 2 C !

the route will be from breedts nek to wemmer pan.

I`m in. Always wanted to ride the mine dumps at Wemmer....wait, are there still Mine dumps at Wemmer?

If you really want to be anal it should be Underberg School to Scottburgh School.

Sani2c sounds a lot better.

Underberg and Himeville are in the area known as the Sani Saunter, the same as various places make up the Midlands Meander.

Guest Omega Man

Maybe they should call it the (Starting GPS co ordinates) to (Ending GPS co ordinates). Just messing around.

Besides. I've seen the word EXTREME used to describe 10 pin bowling and fishing. A little puffing is acceptable surely.

Edited by Omega Man

If you really want to be anal it should be Underberg School to Scottburgh School.

Sani2c sounds a lot better.

Underberg and Himeville are in the area known as the Sani Saunter, the same as various places make up the Midlands Meander.

thanks for proving my point. this is why i will be cashing in on using the name of Mt Kilimanjaro for a race that will be taking place in gauteng.

It will be called the "killi to cairo", and even though it doesn't actually follow the exact route as the name suggests, it represents the hardships and triumphs one can expect from such a route.

the trend of naming a race "the this to that" is actually not very original and lacks imagination. names like the cape epic, tour de tuli, or trans baviaans are way more descriptive without sounding like every other "this to that" race name.

Edited by sadamhussein

the trend of naming a race "the this to that" is actually not very original and lacks imagination

Come now; you're being a bit petty about this...

(a) It doesn't say "SaniPass2C"; as Ranga said, Underberg is in the Sani area. It's accurate, deal with it.

(b ) I don't know how or why or where you've picked up on this "trend" of race naming. Is this something you find interesting? I also disagree with you; I think the name "Sani2C" was in fact a pretty good idea for naming convention; it's allowed for the direct development and familiarisation with "Joberg2C", as well as "Berg2C"; it's basically created a "...2C" brand, in which lies a fair amount of power. The popularity of the 3 races with sponsors might attest to that.

Edited by johnpat

Yawn...

Why for the love of all things holy do you call yourself Sadamhussein when your name clearly is not? (1 question mark should suffice)

Yawn...

He shoots - he scores.

Sometime 1 - Saddam 0

I love Mars bars and was devistated to find out that they are made right here on earth.

Come now; you're being a bit petty about this... (a) It doesn't say "SaniPass2C"; as Ranga said, Underberg is in the Sani area. It's accurate, deal with it. (b ) I don't know how or why or where you've picked up on this "trend" of race naming. Is this something you find interesting? I also disagree with you; I think the name "Sani2C" was in fact a pretty good idea for naming convention; it's allowed for the direct development and familiarisation with "Joberg2C", as well as "Berg2C"; it's basically created a "...2C" brand, in which lies a fair amount of power. The popularity of the 3 races with sponsors might attest to that.

+1

and on top of that it was one of the first, so the lack of originality should be directed at the races that came later.

And you think "tour de xxxx" is original? I think its pretty dumb, especially when the non-native language is used.

my aim with this is to force people to think beyond what they are force fed, to question the norm - what is wrong with that?

when i first heard of this race many years ago i thought - "cool, a race that goes up/down sani pass! this should be awesome" - having cycled up and down sani pass i was pretty excited at the idea of it being part of a race, but the name was misleading, so right there and then a false perception was created by the people organising it.

clearly this post has ruffled some feathers as people get pretty emotional about their precious race names. to them i say, get over it! to question the name of a race is not an insult on your personality, unless you are so insecure that you see the fact that you participated in a race as an extension of who you are.

Edited by sadamhussein