Rest in peace

Woolf

Terrible news. They would have been on such a high after Sani2c, so sad for it to end so badly. RIP fellow mtber's.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad, rest in peace

I think I passed this scene on the way back and didn't think perhaps fellow riders were involved. Condolences to the families and loved ones

:-(. RIP. Have been trawling the net since Friday to find info. We passed an horrific accident just outside Harrismith with bikes strewn across the road, an overturned bakkie with back missing in the middle of the road, a car with bike rack and roof torn off and a truck in the ditch. Emergency personnel on the scene but no ambulances. Seemed as though it had just happened. Really sickening. I had hoped that the lack of news was a good sign, but regrettably not. Condolences to their loved ones

So sad- I thought about it on the whole drive back today.

Our thoughts are with their families...I hope they know that they just had the best three days riding possible...

Hi all, its with a heavy heart that I have to report the death of 2 gents on their way back from Sani2C.

The one is my colleague's brother, who stood in for an injured rider.

Leaving behind his wife - 3months pregnant, and a 14month old baby.

Truck lost control on the pass and went over their bakkie.

People, let be careful, and think for the other drivers out there who take safety for granted.

Our prayers are with the people who stay behind.

That's awful news. I can't imagine how their wive's and family must feel right now, especially knowing how much I wanted to get back to my wife & home on Saturday.

So sad.

I hope that their families find comfort in this terrible time.

thanks, its the same gentleman, so its fitting. thanks.