using supplements = cheating

sadamhussein

Using the saddamometer then technically this guy should be taking WAAAAAAAY more supplements :eek: Oh the irony of it all....

post-2412-0-10525200-1337608072.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chop

yes that could be termed as a supplement too i guess,,, adding fat and protein etc to your diet

any muscle mass, endurance, energy, and so on that you gain by unfair means, meaning in a way other than a normal eating regime, should be constituted as doping.

Define normal! in 2001 a 1.44MB Stiffy was normal, and a 4TB external abnormal. in 2012 it's the other way around. We are dealing with it- maybe you should too!

I'm sure this has been discussed before on the hub. And so has the fact that Sani2c doesnt start at the Sani Pass.....

Dude, get a dog or something....

Tchey!! Poor dog thats gonna get you reported to the SPCA

HAHAHAHAHA I have never even heard an idiot speaking so much sh#t... You are the steriods of IDIOT!!!!!!!!

Having protein and supplements is just a way of giving food to your muscles... The same way that you give food to your body! There isn't enough carbs and protein in everyday food to keep you healthy and strong enough for hours and hours in the saddle or whatever training you do. If you go days without food you will die, ad if you train hours and hours a week and just eat the same as under normal circumstances you will break down all you have inside...

Maybe that is why you are the Idiot here because you took no food and no supplements so your brain started to dry up... You should hydrate a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow :eek:

so I guess eating healthy is also cheating in the eyes of junkfood funkies?

post-26813-0-89062800-1337611657.jpg

Using the saddamometer then technically this guy should be taking WAAAAAAAY more supplements :eek: Oh the irony of it all....

I think they use Clenbuterol in the Mexican poultry industry.

HAHAHAHAHA I have never even heard an idiot speaking so much sh#t... You are the steriods of IDIOT!!!!!!!!

Having protein and supplements is just a way of giving food to your muscles... The same way that you give food to your body! There isn't enough carbs and protein in everyday food to keep you healthy and strong enough for hours and hours in the saddle or whatever training you do. If you go days without food you will die, ad if you train hours and hours a week and just eat the same as under normal circumstances you will break down all you have inside...

Maybe that is why you are the Idiot here because you took no food and no supplements so your brain started to dry up... You should hydrate a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going on what you say about foods, I personally believe that's especially true with the food we buy these days.

A lot of stuff is produced from GM crops, growth hormone etc etc ... so whose to say we actually get out of (for example) a banana what we would before?

Even stuff like fruit juice, try and find 100% pure fruit juice on a shelf, they're all 'blends' now.

Supplements play an important role, even with a "balanced diet" more so for active lifestyles.

This is my personal take on it anyway.

so where does one draw the line?

banned substances generally are banned because they are bad for you, but just because a substance isn't banned, it still may constitute an unfair means of achieving a desired result with which to get ahead in competition.

Not sure if you're just trolling, or if your argument is beyond the average hubber.

Anyway, I agree with you.

Say for example I wake up the morning of the race, and have a toothache. That makes me perform nor optimally (it would make a difference in my performance if I was just doing a regular desk job), right? So I have a couple of aspirin, and feel right as rain, and perform to my usual standard.

So, the simple aspirin "enhanced" my performance. One might even be inclined to refer to it as a performance enhancing drug.

Remember the one Tour de France, when Jonathan Vaughters got stung in the eyelid by a wasp? He could have got an exemption from the Tour doctor for a steroid injection in order to carry on the race. He chose not to take the supplement drug, and withdrew from the race.

Now, surely even the most narrow minded and simplistic hubber can draw a parallel between that and an over the counter energy or dietary supplement?

So, where do you draw the line?

(If it helps get your head around this line, take a look at how caffeine was banned one day, and free to use the next. Under the banned days, a rider could get nicked for having one too many pre ride espressos. Where is that line again...?)

sup·ple·ment   [n. suhp-luh-muhnt; v. suhp-luh-ment] A noun

something added to complete a thing, supply a deficiency, or reinforce or extend a whole.

Now stop jerking around and go get either a doctorate or a better grasp of the English language oom.