Tokai: Personal safety

(Deon)

Guest Omega Man

I think I now understand why the trails look so shoddy up at Tokai. You have a problem with your eyes.

The OP said "After I got him off the bakkie, I did kick him in the jaw, and dislodge a tooth or two.

He spilled some blood!!!"

What part of that doesn't sound like bragging or blood thirst?

There's a build day on Saturday. 1-5pm. By all means come along and help out to make the trails less shoddy. You can then also use the oportunity to call me a **** to my face while I'm using my tools, my time and my bakkie to maintain trails that you ride.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a build day on Saturday. 1-5pm. By all means come along and help out to make the trails less shoddy. You can then also use the oportunity to call me a **** to my face while I'm using my tools, my time and my bakkie to maintain trails that you ride.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_E7p8MjGti_o/Rqr1rlyWE9I/AAAAAAAAAZw/L7ZFUlBmpvg/s400/noddy-badge.jpg

This nishiki character sounds like a real chop. Maybe the tune would change if it was his car getting broken into or him getting hit in the face with a tree branch. When crime happens to you your sympathy for these criminals dissapears very quickly.

Guest Omega Man

This nishiki character sounds like a real chop. Maybe the tune would change if it was his car getting broken into or him getting hit in the face with a tree branch. When crime happens to you your sympathy for these criminals dissapears very quickly.

Nah. By his responses I'd say he's already been smashed in the head with a branch. Hope you coming to build on Sat.

Look at all his posts. He is just being a twat for the sake of it. Now that he has made it personal by calling people names, every post in response is just bait for him to continue being a twat. He will not waive his veiw because he believes he is right.

Forget about him joining any organised build, what has he ever done for anyone other than himself. Arguing on a thread must make him feel like a man!

Carry on nishiki, beat your chest all you like, you will remain wrong.

More bad news. My gf and i joined the Wednesday mountain and tar trail run. Plenty people and cars! Went out together at 17h45 got back at 18h45 to find drivers window smashed and a pair of sunglasses, purse with all cards and license, ipod, Id book were stolen. The guy from trail and tar, noel was also broken into. Didn't know where the San parks office was. Just reported it to kirstenhof police station. Buggers

Everyone, including Nishiki is entitled to their own opinion. There is NO right or wrong here, guys, like Mike who stand up to criminals are not trained for situations like this and as a result their actions should not be judged. However, that said, Nishiki is well within his rights to voice his opinion. What Mike did is an act of violence and if you cannot appreciate that then perhaps you are a victim of our much too violent society.

More bad news. My gf and i joined the Wednesday mountain and tar trail run. Plenty people and cars! Went out together at 17h45 got back at 18h45 to find drivers window smashed and a pair of sunglasses, purse with all cards and license, ipod, Id book were stolen. The guy from trail and tar, noel was also broken into. Didn't know where the San parks office was. Just reported it to kirstenhof police station. Buggers

Hey lloyd, sorry to hear.

Where were you parked? Up at the Arboretum? Please tell me all the items were out of sight?

Look at all his posts. He is just being a twat for the sake of it. Now that he has made it personal by calling people names, every post in response is just bait for him to continue being a twat. He will not waive his veiw because he believes he is right.

Forget about him joining any organised build, what has he ever done for anyone other than himself. Arguing on a thread must make him feel like a man!

Carry on nishiki, beat your chest all you like, you will remain wrong.

I didn't know this was a right or wrong contest of opinions here. Shame, Pain or Shine, you feel this huge urge to have control of things that don't matter. And of course the irony of your post above sees you making it personal and calling me names. Luckily I'm a grown up and wont cry with my little gang. It must really frustrate you to see a person with different views to yours. Little wonder that you have so much time to dig holes in the hills.

Please start ignoring my posts from here on. I'll be doing this to yours.

Everyone, including Nishiki is entitled to their own opinion. There is NO right or wrong here, guys, like Mike who stand up to criminals are not trained for situations like this and as a result their actions should not be judged. However, that said, Nishiki is well within his rights to voice his opinion. What Mike did is an act of violence and if you cannot appreciate that then perhaps you are a victim of our much too violent society.

Thanks for speaking some sense there Norman. It's sad to see how angry we've become because of crime. Next from here we'll see heros bringing their knives with them to rides, or their firearms. One can only imagine the outcome.

There should be a guard stationed at the parking lot. This should be put in place by SANPARKS. Until this happens, this crime will escalate, especially now that these guys know there is good pickings to be had in a secluded parking lot.

Leave it up to POS, he'll sort it ;)

Guest Omega Man

Damn. Sorry dude. This is just getting ridiculous now.

Is it possible that this sudden spike in crime @ Tokai a result of the increase in securty and patrols on the Table Mountain side?

Tokai is a real soft target without security.

I think a big reason why there is crime now is because there is currently nobody at the gate to check permits / keep an eye on the cars. Besides, the guardhouse is also pointing in the wrong direction.

How it is possible to break into cars while there is people in the parking area is also difficult to understand. I can only think that the thieves have some silent method to break the glass and get inside without anyone noticing. All we ourselves can do is keeping an eye out when returning to the parking lot after their ride for suspicious activity.

Unfortunately crime is a part of living in South Africa and it is going to get much worse in future.

Stuff was out of site but ja, having read everything on here I shouldnt have been so complacent!

I believe the trail and tar weekly wednesday runs will now bring a guard with that all will contribute so bucks toward for the hour/hour and a half the guys run.

Arboretum is where it happened I believe, glad no one was hurt. My own observation of the area (btw it was the awesomest run I have ever done... Great job on that single track guys, it was my first visit there after moving) its a very easy target so the guys found this out and are exploiting it!

At least there's good awareness now! everyone is doing a great job

Why are you running on the trails?

Hehe, long story, quite a bit of irony that the first time at tokai was for a RUN! crazy I tell you but either way it was awesome!

Hehe, long story, quite a bit of irony that the first time at tokai was for a RUN! crazy I tell you but either way it was awesome!

If you want a cool place to run park at Forries,up Manson road to De Waal Drive,left around the top house ,right under subway then into Newlands Forest and have a ball.Some really technical cross country stuff up to the left