Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Any reason NOT to buy one? I'm not a serious cyclist but live my gadgets !!

Love my gadgets also.

The 1000 is VERY good.

Check it works properly doing short intervals using a workout - got 2 mates who have problems with "freezing" during short intervals.

Otherwise it seems fine.

New software update is pretty stable at this moment.  Have been cycling with it for a month or two.  No issues just jet.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love my gadgets also.

The 1000 is VERY good.

New software update is pretty stable at this moment.  Have been cycling with it for a month or two.  No issues just jet.

Do you use the workouts functionality on an IDT with power zone targets?

They are both ahving issues with short (10 - 20) second intervals - the screen freezes up for a few seconds at the beginning of each interval - so they can't see the performance against target on screen - but it records the session well enough.

Do you use the workouts functionality on an IDT with power zone targets?

They are both ahving issues with short (10 - 20) second intervals - the screen freezes up for a few seconds at the beginning of each interval - so they can't see the performance against target on screen - but it records the session well enough.

Jip.  That it does.  Freez for 10 seconds.  It is suppose to give you a summary at that stage.......which sometimes it does, sometimes it does not....

But my shortest interval is 2min so it is not such a big issue for me......

Jip. That it does. Freez for 10 seconds. It is suppose to give you a summary at that stage.......which sometimes it does, sometimes it does not....

But my shortest interval is 2min so it is not such a big issue for me......

Are you guys using smart trainers or a standard idt with bike mounted pm? I'm looking at a similar setup in the near future but always imagined running the session from a tablet or laptop based app and just using the Garmin for recording.

Are you guys using smart trainers or a standard idt with bike mounted pm? I'm looking at a similar setup in the near future but always imagined running the session from a tablet or laptop based app and just using the Garmin for recording.

On my rollers.  All info on the Garmin.  Download afterwards for analysis. 

No purchase - yet - but there are some specials on Dakine products at www.onedayonly.co.za today.

Disclaimer, I have no affiliation to the site!

No purchase - yet - but there are some specials on Dakine products at www.onedayonly.co.za today.

Disclaimer, I have no affiliation to the site!

Lies. You totally work for them. [emoji12]

Guest Karma

Still waiting for it to arrive, but it will be in my garage next week.

attachicon.gifEpic1.jpg

no RS1 fork?

Guest Karma

double the price of a SID, for marginal if any performance increase and less stiffness? No thanks...

...but but but it wins the Absa Cape Epic?  <_<

no RS1 fork?

No - for 2 basic reasons - aside from cost:

1 - means I am forced to use hubs that my other bikes don't run - so my spare wheels are useless

2 - there is basically nobody in Jhb that can service them effectively yet (there is 1 guy who has been trained, but is still building experience)

and as a minor reason - I think my wife might notice such a big configuration change.... :)

Guest notmyname

and as a minor reason - I think my wife might notice such a big configuration change.... :)

aaaah, the old kul jou huur, kul jou daar move. Sweet ride Sir.

No - for 2 basic reasons - aside from cost:

1 - means I am forced to use hubs that my other bikes don't run - so my spare wheels are useless

2 - there is basically nobody in Jhb that can service them effectively yet (there is 1 guy who has been trained, but is still building experience)

missed that one. And for me (aside from cost) that would be the biggest. Plus them hubs aren't cheap!

First purchase for the Epic next year?

Not really - got an offer on my existing 2 year old race bike and took it - win win for everyone, because I have been thinking of a change for a while - then this came up and its about as close as possible ex shop as I would spec it myself, and a spectacularly good deal as well - although not close - it's at the coast :(