Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I have 3 different model FiveTens and this is what I have found...

• The Impact based models (Impact, Sam Hill, Karver) seem to be slightly bigger than my "skate shoes size)
  • The Freerider based models (Freerider, Danny Mac, Red Barron) seem to be a spot on equivalent of my skate shoe size.
  • The Malrese Falcon SPDs ca also be sized according to regular shoe size.

some useless, historical info: with the freerider model, it depends which model: if it's the first version, then it was true to size. the second model was slightly larger like the Impacts, and the third generation freerider (VXi), is back to true to size.

I have an opportunity to get someone coming from the UK to "walk" in a pair of 5-10 Impact lows for me..... and I don't want to waste it (Potential saving of a few 100 Mandelas). Based on your experience, I usually wear a 9,5 in a Merrell and all other shoes. I see that CRC have a UK9 but no 9,5. The general consensus is that they are wider than normal, so would a UK9 be OK? I am sure they would stretch... Not sure I'd be able to go to a 10.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it depends on how much space you have at the toe tips when wearing a 9.5. Wearing a 9 could be either snug, or cramped. For me, the additional room felt like almost a half size increment. The width with the Impacts and the 2nd gen Freerider was actually true to size, just the length was off.

As for the stretching the shoe along the length, with those toe and heel boxes? I have me doubts. You could have a cobbler stretch it for you. Weo.. when last have I needed that service. I think the last time was when i was in primary school and my mom didn't fancy buying another new set just because my feet kept growing... hahhhah

it depends on how much space you have at the toe tips when wearing a 9.5. Wearing a 9 could be either snug, or cramped. For me, the additional room felt like almost a half size increment. The width with the Impacts and the 2nd gen Freerider was actually true to size, just the length was off.

As for the stretching the shoe along the length, with those toe and heel boxes? I have me doubts. You could have a cobbler stretch it for you. Weo.. when last have I needed that service. I think the last time was when i was in primary school and my mom didn't fancy buying another new set just because my feet kept growing... hahhhah

The half size is mainly for the width. I still have a bit of toe space on the length. I was mainly worried about the width. I had a look at the 2013 Impact Low 2 and they have a 9,5 in stock so I think I'll go with those as I normally wear a 9,5. Now just to choose between the Black and the Pacific Blue.... Black it is!!

Santa Cruz CX, with enve rims and chris king hubs, a roadies dream for the dirt roads

Edited by cicli

Ok well I ordered the 5-10's off CRC. Hope I don't get held up at customs. Wanna ride them on Saturday!

Guest Omega Man

Santa Cruz CX, with enve rims and chris king hubs, a roadies dream for the dirt roads

Pictures please

My new SS

Pretty much full spec Ritchey bike, with the exception of:

Rotor crank, Hope Stealth Race Evo X2 brakes, eggbeater pedals and XTR rotor blades

thats a sweet ride , i got the same bike and have a question . with that rotor ring , when the chain goes slack ( as it does not have constant tention with those roto rings ) have you not dropped a chain ? im curious .

Got these baby's today - Stans ZTR rims, Superstars lime green hubs with lime green nipples - DT Swiss spokes. The lime green will go gr8 with my Spark 950!

TECHNO lime green, to be exact, martin... ;)

Got e same ones on my sled.

that Santa Cruz Stigmata - ex Greg Minnaar by any chance? such a hot build.

good call