Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

The financial pleasures of still riding a 26"

Just got a brand new pair of Mavic UST Crosstrail wheels from my LBS.

Indicative market price 350 - 400 Dollars. Purchased the set on clearance for only R1900inc here in PE!

post-14134-0-11134400-1375427057_thumb.jpg

Bennie, what trail is that?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been swopping wheels over between my Singlespeed and XC bike and eventually decided to pull the plug and build a new wheelset.

I have always liked the Surly Rabbit Hole rims which Surly brought out when they built the Krampus and instead of a normal rim, I decided to rather go for the Rabbit Holes. So these will go onto my Karate Monkey and my existing wheelset will go onto the On-One.

They'll be laced to Superstar Hubs that i recently bought.

Front wheel will have a Surly Knard 29 x 3" tyre whilst the rear will run a normal Conti 2.4"

post-858-0-24438800-1375540282_thumb.jpg

They look quite small for records.

Licorice pizza's. I had to stand on the coffee table to take the pic, so I was quite far from them.

Licorice pizza's. I had to stand on the coffee table to take the pic, so I was quite far from them.

Lovely :thumbup:

Lovely :thumbup:

I just need a proper record player, I bought a crap thing from hi fi corp once but I need some tom to get a proper setup. P.s Where did you get that The clash? Edit: I have Combat Rock and London Calling but I've never seen that one. Edited by Pieter1

I just need a proper record player, I bought a crap thing from hi fi corp once but I need some tom to get a proper setup. P.s Where did you get that The clash? Edit: I have Combat Rock and London Calling but I've never seen that one.

From Music Direct.

Good luck on getting a record player, the modern LP'S benefit only from the best equipment.

Most LP's are 180 g. or 200 g. pressings.

I get lot's of records from there or Acoustic Sounds.

I use Audionut locally sometimes.

Busy listening to The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow.

Give me convenience or give me death came with a LP and a book with the story behind each song. Super cool!

Once you start , you can't stop.

The entire package out does CD and the sound quality is sublime.

I am sitting on around a 1000 lp's , haven't bought too much of late except for some Pink Floyd's remasters and that Tsuyoshi Yamamoto.

From Music Direct.

Good luck on getting a record player, the modern LP'S benefit only from the best equipment.

Most LP's are 180 g. or 200 g. pressings.

I get lot's of records from there or Acoustic Sounds.

I use Audionut locally sometimes.

Busy listening to The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow.

Lekker dude!! I get my stuuf from a skate shop/record store in Amsterdam. I ask my cousin to go and see if they have what I like and he posts it... There is a shop in Cresta I'm not sure about the name, he knows his stuff but I can't afford the equipment.

Lekker dude!! I get my stuuf from a skate shop/record store in Amsterdam. I ask my cousin to go and see if they have what I like and he posts it... There is a shop in Cresta I'm not sure about the name, he knows his stuff but I can't afford the equipment.

I have quite a few contacts that can help with turntables, from R 3k up to R 300 k.

I have quite a few contacts that can help with turntables, from R 3k up to R 300 k.

I'll get back to you on that one day. For now my skorro skorro thing will have to do. But you're right collecting these things is addictive and its much cooler to hold and play than a cd...

So, I finally decided to get the closer-to-sublime home theatre setup that I've wanted for a while and splashed out on:

• Sony EX650 46" LED
  • A full set of Boston Acoustics C-series speakers (250w C226 floor standers, centre, large bookshelf surrounds and a C10 sub)
  • Pioneer KVX-522 receiver
  • Monster XP cabling

(Pardon me for the crappy pics, iPhones don't deal well with low light).

post-3655-0-05118400-1375689305_thumb.jpg

post-3655-0-67895800-1375689316_thumb.jpg

post-3655-0-11500300-1375689328_thumb.jpg