Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

If you don't use cruise control you'll even get better consumption (assuming you stay at that same speed).

:huh: excluding hills, whatchu mean?

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: excluding hills, whatchu mean?

Rethorical question? Or you being serious that you want me to reply?? I have a loooong day behind me, I'm tired....but okay....

(Im just gonna say a few random stuff. Dont feel like putting it in contructive sentences)

The system cant store energy

When accelerating which goes close/beyond the desired speed it brakes to get back to desired speed

This can be just before slight incline on road and then need to add fuel to get it up there again

It adds way way more accelerate - brake - accelerate - brake to the driving

Vehicle inertia isn't used as when a person drives

Cruise contols tends to use the throttle way more than needed

Etc etc

not a rhetorical question at all. But since you tired, i'm just gonna say I disagree, except when it comes to hills. For what you describe, if on a flat, then the control logic is at fault to have such a coarse level of control to resort to applying brakes as opposed to relying on simple rolling resistance to slow the car to correct for slight overspeeding. I dont believe modern control logic is that unreliable. At all.Especially with predictive algorithms that allow for convergence without resorting to an overdamped control system. You've worked for an automotive concern, so maybe i'm wrong.

haha - drove her down from jhb yesterday. Put cruise control on 140 and got 10l/100 avg for the entire trip. Its not toooo bad on the open road, but its a monster around town

10l/100km, nice!

I wish. My trip to Knysna and back got me my best ever consumption of 14.4...

Wife bought me a pair of Assos sunglasses. :clap:

Cool wife bud! My girlfriend refuse to buy me anything cycling related

Wife bought me a pair of Assos sunglasses. :clap:

Cool wife bud! My girlfriend refuse to buy me anything cycling related