Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

Built by?

What weight do they come in at?

Guess :P

Didn't weigh them. Must be in the 1.6 - 1.7kg range with the straight gauge spokes.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50cc, what the weight on your plastic wheel set??

I don't remember what we weighed his at. The LB rims were about the same as the Pygas. Only remember Jason spending half an hour getting the spoke tension perfect :D. V12 first attempt at wheel build was better than most.

Edited by Robodog

50cc, what the weight on your plastic wheel set??

On Hope Pro2 Evo hubs, 10spd

Front 751g

Rear 871g

total 1622g - including valves and effectively rim tape - could have built them a bit lighter with alloy nipples - but decided to stick to reliable solutions - thus no rim tape being needed.... :)

On Hope Pro2 Evo hubs, 10spd

Front 751g

Rear 871g

total 1622g - including valves and effectively rim tape - could have built them a bit lighter with alloy nipples - but decided to stick to reliable solutions - thus no rim tape being needed.... :)

Is a pretty neat solution too. Haven't seen anyone get that close to straight, round and mostly even on first go. Must be the spectacles...

Is a pretty neat solution too. Haven't seen anyone get that close to straight, round and mostly even on first go. Must be the spectacles...

I reckon it's the history in fettling with carbs, fuel injection and brakes... :)

My new daily wear specs are driving me nuts... floor is not level any more - nothing is where I think it is anymore - close things are bigger and distance stuff is smaller - very disconcerting indeed... as is the minor nausea it creates... time will tell...

My new daily wear specs are driving me nuts... floor is not level any more - nothing is where I think it is anymore - close things are bigger and distance stuff is smaller - very disconcerting indeed... as is the minor nausea it creates... time will tell...

Nothing worse than getting used to new specs and the nausea that comes with it.

I delay new prescription lenses for as long as humanly possible before I have to finally give in and get them done. 

I know all about that. Have had four eye operations leaving me with 95% vision in the left eye and about 70% in the right eye. Depth perception is off. I can manage most of the time except when speed picks up on the mtb. Trying to learn to jump again when you can't spot any landings is scary.  :w00t:

I know all about that. Have had four eye operations leaving me with 95% vision in the left eye and about 70% in the right eye. Depth perception is off. I can manage most of the time except when speed picks up on the mtb. Trying to learn to jump again when you can't spot any landings is scary.  :w00t:

You need a better surgeon...... :) oh wait, it sounds like its a bit late for that.... :(

Nothing worse than getting used to new specs and the nausea that comes with it.

I delay new prescription lenses for as long as humanly possible before I have to finally give in and get them done. 

Normally I don't struggle with my reading glasse and surgical lenses - but we have historically never really worried about correcting the astigmatism (because it's almost horizontal which is apparently unusual) - these new ones go 80% of the way to a full correction - worn them for about an hour today - still feel nauseas despite them being off for 4 hours since the last session - I can see this will take a while....  I see why my opthalmic guy wants me to do this test before considering a surgical correction....

Should help with the hubs biggest loser competition... :)

Normally I don't struggle with my reading glasse and surgical lenses - but we have historically never really worried about correcting the astigmatism (because it's almost horizontal which is apparently unusual) - these new ones go 80% of the way to a full correction - worn them for about an hour today - still feel nauseas despite them being off for 4 hours since the last session - I can see this will take a while....  I see why my opthalmic guy wants me to do this test before considering a surgical correction....

Should help with the hubs biggest loser competition... :)

Anything that deal with any kind of focus correction tough to deal with. 

I have keratoconus  and its a lucky packet as to whether they will get it right or leave me unable to walk in a straight line!

I hear supermodels use that method for weight loss :D

Anything that deal with any kind of focus correction tough to deal with. 

I have keratoconus  and its a lucky packet as to whether they will get it right or leave me unable to walk in a straight line!

I hear supermodels use that method for weight loss :D

I am pretty used to using 12x magnification to work with - but this is just plain nasty.... still - it should figure itself out in a few days.... the brain is pretty clever....

Are you considering Corneal Cross Linking? seems to be having reasonable sucess these days (don't quote me on that :)  )