2012 94.7

Agteros

I would love to try it on a SS like Iron did last yea r- but i'm afraid i'll die :ph34r:

you need a big pill of HTFU , that all ( if you want to go fast that is ). this year i will break the sub 3 on my SS , its piss and boaring on a road bike but a SS mtb makes this race fun again and interesting .

Edited by Iron

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basket, mudguards, chainguard... the usual kinda stuff ;)

post-28936-0-20150000-1338887765.jpg

Looks like you broke away from your group in that pic :clap:

Looks like you broke away from your group in that pic :clap:

That would have been either D/E/F/G overtaking me on the high way. After that everybody else (except for around 30 people) overtook me

you and me both. The very elusive sub 3hr. The only time I ever managed a sub 3 was many years ago (when I was much lighter) doing a 2h58 the race in those days was called the star 100 and was actually 115km

Haha thats awesome.

I have done the OFM Classic in 02h44 but thats an easy race I guess.

PB on my 9 Argus races are 03h15 (old route)

94.7 is 03h15 as well....

Maybe this year if I can do some 2 loooong and proper cradle rides after the Otter who knows....

Or maybe I should take the whole of the 3rd week before the 94.7 off and do a kind of a training camp!!

Haha thats awesome. I have done the OFM Classic in 02h44 but thats an easy race I guess. PB on my 9 Argus races are 03h15 (old route) 94.7 is 03h15 as well.... Maybe this year if I can do some 2 loooong and proper cradle rides after the Otter who knows.... Or maybe I should take the whole of the 3rd week before the 94.7 off and do a kind of a training camp!!

My results vary from 02:53 to a 07:17, alternating between a fast and a slow year :) Would still love to do a 9 hour 94.7 ;)

My results vary from 02:53 to a 07:17, alternating between a fast and a slow year :) Would still love to do a 9 hour 94.7 ;)

And how do we do that? Stop at restaurants all along the route? I would like to stop at some of them cheerleaders though.....

And how do we do that? Stop at restaurants all along the route? I would like to stop at some of them cheerleaders though.....

I stopped at Dunkeld for ice cream at Fournos. Stopped & had a chat with every single person I knew along the route. Stopped at the water points ;) Pulled into the Petroport on the N14 for a water break & food. Sat around, waited for friends to overtake me. Landed up at the top of Kayalami 1.5 hrs ahead of shedule when a light drizzle started and I rode to the finish with a friend who came past doing a 'normal', but late start ride.

Need to learn to take it even easier for 2013 !

Edited by RoboCyclist

Would like to do a sub 2:45, will have to wait and see what the day yields though :D

My target last year was 2:45 and I did a 2:48 so this year I'll once again attempt a 2:45.

So I'm going to sit on your wheel the whole way !!!!!!!!!

Would still love to do a 9 hour 94.7 ;)

3 laps will get you very close to 9 hours #justsaying

My target last year was 2:45 and I did a 2:48 so this year I'll once again attempt a 2:45.

If you look behind you, well I will hopefully be on your wheel :devil:

You'll get wheel-burn... :whistling:

Wait for me at the end boys :(

Haha thats awesome.

I have done the OFM Classic in 02h44 but thats an easy race I guess.

PB on my 9 Argus races are 03h15 (old route)

94.7 is 03h15 as well....

Maybe this year if I can do some 2 loooong and proper cradle rides after the Otter who knows....

Or maybe I should take the whole of the 3rd week before the 94.7 off and do a kind of a training camp!!

PB for Argus for me (old route) 3h10 and 94.7 is 3h23.

Garf I wanted to ask you if you are following some sort of training programme for the otter and if so if you would mind sharing it with me. I'd like to take a peek at whats involved thinking I'm also gonna do this race next year.

Well I'm not so sure about this theory. If I look at the size of my son and his mates at the local rugby club I would have to say there's got to be a lot less gravity or they must be eating something I am not.

I have another theory the longer you live on this planet the greater the effect gravity has on you. If you look at my mid rift you will know what I am talking about :)