2012 94.7

Agteros

Wow thats nice!!! I REALLY like the look!

Dont think I'll have time for the beer that day though :( ...it will be my 1st 94.7 and I want to see if I can come close to a 3h..

With that nice new spiffy bike of yours i rate you gonna have a good one .

Edited by Iron

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This winter has been too long! Started training properly again last week. I am suffering so badly on the bike trying to get the fitness going again and loosing the 3kg I picked up during winter

hear that. 4kgs for me - and club ride on saturday was not fun... turns out fiddling about on a mountain bike didn't do much to keep the fitness over winter afterall...

hear that. 4kgs for me - and club ride on saturday was not fun... turns out fiddling about on a mountain bike didn't do much to keep the fitness over winter afterall...

The trick is to not stop riding through winter.

those cold dark mornings are now paying back big time.

it will be my 1st 94.7 and I want to see if I can come close to a 3h..

So the new road bike has got you ready for a fast race eh?? Good luck with the prep and training!

yup... I tried this yr but once every few weeks at social pace does not cut it! Good on you must be nice to watch the rest of us kuk off. :w00t:

I didn't stop completely, but went from minimum 6-8 hours a week to about 2-3 hours a week this last month. Amazing how quickly the body forgets to go at a hard pace for 2-3 hours in one go. Went for a 4 hour ride with some guys this past weekend. First hour was fine. The pace seemed a little high but nothing serious. Then all of a sudden the mind was willing, but the body wasn't able. Had some serious hurt put into me for the rest of the ride!

After many years of doing it on a road bike chasing a sub 3 (best 3:07 :( ), taking it easy this year on a MTB :D

I always thought i'd have many sub-3s on this race; but am now glad for the near heart attack that got me 2:59:57 a couple of years back, and the only sub-3 out of 8 attempts.

Absolutely right. My fitness and therefore race results have been transformed since I started riding through winter. I've never ridden and raced so well despite being well past the age deemed optimum for a cyclist. To be honest our winters are very short and getting through it is not such a hardship.

Absolutely right. My fitness and therefore race results have been transformed since I started riding through winter. I've never ridden and raced so well despite being well past the age deemed optimum for a cyclist. To be honest our winters are very short and getting through it is not such a hardship.

And you thought i was all just hairspray and slippers ...............

And you thought i was all just hairspray and slippers ...............

Well until I see you in action on the bike that impression is all I have to go on... :whistling:

But I have no doubt that I will meet you on the bike someday and then it'll be me looking for my hairspray and slippers :blush:

Wow thats nice!!! I REALLY like the look!

Dont think I'll have time for the beer that day though :( ...it will be my 1st 94.7 and I want to see if I can come close to a 3h..

Thanks!

( Beer stops are always fun.. but also a good excuse for me when asked what my time was... :whistling:..... "yeah, I rode a 5:12 but had beer stops" :D )

hoping to do a sub 3 myself!

+1 but I need to seriously putting in the hours to get anywhere close

Stopped racing when I stopped paying for a licence.

Have a collection of times ranging from 2:21 to 6:13...

sub 2:30 (2:21)

a sub 3 (2:37)

2 sub 3:30's (3:04 with 3 puntures, otherwise it would have been another 2:30) and 3:13

no sub 4

2 sub 4:30's (4:04 and 4:18)

a sub 5 (4:53)

a sub 5:30 (5:17 pulling a case of beers - see below) and a 5:21 (rated as my worst)

and a 6:13 (first one - a group ride)

Pulled this around last year (24 cold ones at the start, 3 warmer ones at the finish).

post-1372-0-15422900-1345836493.png

Enjoyed the racing, but have preferred mixing it with others.

Coffee/beer stops on the last two have made it a more "leisurely" ride.

I am hoping to get in the first 200 in the mtb and sub 3 road. Not doiing any road training now (will try some club rides later). Will be fresh of the wine to whales so hoping that climbing in grannygear will somehow help on the road. Pushing late Vets and only cycling 2 years will count against me, but losing 28kg in 3 years should help. Will it help to start earlier (entering via a charity)?