2012 94.7

Agteros

I sat at the finish for a while and in that time maybe 10% of the finishers still had numbers on their backs. Also to do with the type of fabric I suppose.

I stuck my number on the night before and it was fine right thru.Had to pull it off at the car

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Driving down the M1 and up Joe Slovo yesterday pm - road was plastered with numbers.

My stuck firmly though, did put it on the night before.

Report the number I say .

Get the chop DQed .We have enough stupid people thinking they are above riding etiquette , we don't need more .

And while you at it, case it with SAPS -

Did a 2:55:15 0n my Merida 29er with full mtb tyres-No Slicks .Started in SS 9:53, was crazy nobody to help did it single

WOW whistling.gif that's great! thumbup1.gif

Would just like to thank the organizers, the volunteers and the people of the City of Jhb for putting up with their city being basically locked down for the day. Saw quite a few shopping centers that were completely shut down.

First ever road race. Rough, tough mountain bikers who think that its pansy to ride a road bike or slicks... next year we're buying road bikes... whistling.gif

4'08" on our knobbies.

Get his name pappie, quite keen to put a name to that number.

Shall I report him for you ?

I watched as a spectator, and I was shocked to see how many rude b@st@rds there is on the road.

We had a dude across the road from us fixing a puncture and the one dude came past him screaming (trying to sing) I've got a feeling.

He did not get a friendly response from the punctured rider, yeah some real chops out there.

I have reported this matter. I will give you all feed back once i have some thing.

To the dreamrider that helped me during my cramps, thank you, you were an angel. Also a thanks to the guy on the Krugersdorp hiway for the massage. Will definately put exams on hold next year in order to train

Sticky no.s didnt stick, except when one got stuck between my wheel and brakes/frame on the M1 - then they are really sticky.

Started BB & suffered for 4hrs. Was really great to see so many spectators and it seems to have grown since I was last in a late group. 2 lots of dancing girls on trucks was pretty good.

A media photographer picked me out at an N14 stop & I thought that finally my innate sporting persona had been recognized & Sports Illustrated would be calling soon. She then said could I put my head back under the fan blowing water mist as it looked so amusing the first time.

Some strong guys on the hub! I see a couple of sub 2:30's whistling.gif

Perhaps a goal for next year? thumbup1.gif

Go for it, buy a roadbike and train. Sure you'll do it!

No - a goal for YOU.

I'll try to be closer to 3hrs next year.