Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Andy can ride a decent TT for once, he'll be in with a shot with the team he has riding for him.

If Andy can ride a decent TT for once, he'll be in with a shot with the team he has riding for him.

ROFL - come on, Andy TT??? Are you serious? he barely came in the top 100 in the opening prologue of the Dauphine.

If only Andy could ride a TT can ride a decent TT for once, he'll be in with a shot with the team he has riding for him.

Fixed

Froome
Interesting. Watched a interview with Wiggins on Eurosport yesterday and the Chris Froome question came up. Who would the team support? Basically Wiggin's "politically correct" response was "who ever is in the lead". Also worth noting was the interviewer's observation at the conclusion of the interview.....Wiggins had helped and domistiqued Froome to stage victories earlier in the year, thereby appeasing him for the TdeF. Personally I think Froome will (super)domistique for Wiggins. Edited by headhunter

ROFL - come on, Andy TT??? Are you serious? he barely came in the top 100 in the opening prologue of the Dauphine.

I agree , andy is having a *** season

Interesting. Watched a interview with Wiggins on Eurosport yesterday and the Chris Froome question came up. Who would the team support? Basically Wiggin's "politically correct" response was "who ever is in the lead". Also worth noting was the interviewer's observation at the conclusion of the interview.....Wiggins had helped and domistiqued Froome to stage victories earlier in the year, thereby appeasing him for the TdeF. Personally I think Froome will (super)domistique for Wiggins.

I agree but you never know.Ideal time for a change.It is a tough tour this year and Froomie is a hard man who has guts.Quiet and respectful.I like him a lot.

I am going with Wigo - fantastic team he has, lots of very capable helpers, great team spirit and depth, and in great form this year.

Same can certainly not be said for the Schlep Sisters and their team.

Cadel ... well, I think Brad is stronger in body and mind, and has the better team.

Talking about Wiggs and Bosens ... I wonder if they will find the elusive hypothetical Higgs Boson down the road at CERN this year.... ?

Not really a Cadel fan, but don't see any other name that stands out. Could be an interesting and wide open tour. Yesterday I thought a dark horse would be Froome. He outclassed Wiggins last year in Spain. He also came 5th in the TT yesterday. Maybe coming into form at the right time.

Wiggo... He's looking good at the moment. We'll have to see how he goes in the mtns over the next few days.

Else it'd be between cuddles and Hesjedal. Alot of time trialling in this years event and Paul Weller Brad showed how good he was yesterday by pumping 1'44 into the reigning TdF champ. I like Nabali but he's not looking great against the clock.

Who for the Green Jersey tho?

Robert Gesink from rabobank not mentioned. Sure he will be close if not on the poduim.

He's shown good form recently after a spate of injuries and personal troubles.

His Tour of Cali was awesome.

I will be following Nibali closely and I see him as a podium finisher.

He is a decent all-rounder - climbing, TTing, Grand Tour experience.

He has supreme descending skills.

This will one of his last big appearance for Liquigas-Cannondale. Hope he makes the team proud.

I'll tell you on the eve of the TDF

Twiggo is red hot to take this.

Cadel will have to fight fire with fire.

I'm going Wiggo . Definitely Froome for a podium , he can time trial pretty alright too. Would love to see Andy up there too

Wiggo... He's looking good at the moment. We'll have to see how he goes in the mtns over the next few days.

Else it'd be between cuddles and Hesjedal. Alot of time trialling in this years event and Paul Weller Brad showed how good he was yesterday by pumping 1'44 into the reigning TdF champ. I like Nabali but he's not looking great against the clock.

Who for the Green Jersey tho?

Peter Sagan.

He can get to the line more often than Cav, who struggles to climb.

:thumbup: