Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

Oi! Bent 'Dale, you owe me a beer. I just lost mine through my nose.

Think what he meant, is that is all Sister 2 can do, as he stinks at the rest. :devil: :D

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think what he meant, is that is all Sister 2 can do, as he stinks at the rest. :devil: :D

Ok, but frank is to a pure climber, like my border collie is to an olympic rower...

Robbie has a good chance today.Hope to see Fabian in Yellow tomorrow

I don't agree. The finish doesn't suit him, unless there is a crash that takes out some guys, he needs to bide his time. He's a lot like the other Robbie, and needs to make the best of a bad situation.

If he keeps it today he has a good chance of holding it for a while as the rest of the week is as flat as a pancake, and as usual in the TDF, dead boring.

C'mon Grumpy, the flat stages are fantastic (IMHO), Sean, David and Carlton talk up a storm, there are the crashes, there is the adrenalin rush of the final 5kms, the awesome power of the sprinters and hours and hours of the same futile attacks by the lesser teams. And on Eurosport, tons of interviews with the Directeurs sportifs in their cars, the interviews with the riders. Oh I could go on.

I love the opening week. It's like going to a 5 day test match, not much minute by minute action but a very satisfying experience.

Maybe you're not watching it properly?

well I was planning on watching the H/L's, but screwupsport got it wrong again, instead i now got the final 5 min, set my PVR to tape all Tour de France, seems they're not tagging the programs, or changing it last min, and PVR already configured itself to record on previous times. This time TDF pulled the short straw in relation to Tennis.

Why is the PVR still a time based machine rather than a smart code machine? How hard is it to set a PROGRAM to be recorded, then it can appear on any channel and VOILA, it gets recorded? But no, they're too doff to do programme based recording. So we sit with this issue of missed events.

And our subscriptions get wasted on farking golf, tennis and rugby. And now box office.

C'mon Grumpy, the flat stages are fantastic (IMHO), Sean, David and Carlton talk up a storm, there are the crashes, there is the adrenalin rush of the final 5kms, the awesome power of the sprinters and hours and hours of the same futile attacks by the lesser teams. And on Eurosport, tons of interviews with the Directeurs sportifs in their cars, the interviews with the riders. Oh I could go on.

I love the opening week. It's like going to a 5 day test match, not much minute by minute action but a very satisfying experience.

Why is the PVR still a time based machine rather than a smart code machine? How hard is it to set a PROGRAM to be recorded, then it can appear on any channel and VOILA, it gets recorded? But no, they're too doff to do programme based recording. So we sit with this issue of missed events.

And our subscriptions get wasted on farking golf, tennis and rugby. And now box office.

Agreed. It's a mindset with the viewer that thinks the first week of the tour is boring.

Yeah, you don't get this TEVO and the like. Yet another reason I binned dstv, and stream stuff now.

Edited by TNT1

Hi

Would love to have the ability to say tape TDF and let the unit pick any all channels and records it, but nope, even serious recording is limited to only the one channel, if they move the episode to another channel then you're screwed.

G

Yeah, you don't get this TEVO and the like. Yet another reason I binned dstv, and stream stuff now.

Oi! Bent 'Dale, you owe me a beer. I just lost mine through my nose.

Oh, and Zook, Contador is the best climber in the peleton today, bar none, and probably the best time triallist as well.

Yup, that's why I mention him as an exception. But historically (and in general) climbers != great TTers, so I'm asking for *why* they often can't ride TT when they obviously have great power-to-weight. The Schlecks, for example.

Okay fair enough.....but my mileage still differs. :rolleyes:

Watching a brightly colored bunch moving through the countryside doesn't do much for me, I'll probably switch on ten minutes before the end to watch "Ali Jets" train get going or see if Sagan can garner a stage or two, but until the first TT, in my opinion its a typical TDF route, it was like that last year, the year before and before and before that, nothings changed, and in my view its still dead boring.

Ok, but frank is to a pure climber, like my border collie is to an olympic rower...

How would you categorize F Schleck, if not climber?

:-)

Robbie Hunter and Tony Marten have crashed

Eish, Martin is having a rough tour and it's only Day 2

here is my call for today

Phil will go early to drop people and get Sagan to chase

Evans will sit of Sagan wheel and when Phil explodes the stage will come down to Evans, The Green Monster and maybe EBH unless he is pulling the wiggo train

Rolland, Fränk, Horner to be already about 40 seconds behind