Tour de France 2012

'Dale

Who will win the 2012 Tour de France?  

328 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win The 2012 Tour De France?

• Cadel Evans
    • Frank Schleck
    • Bradley Wiggins
    • Jurgen van der Broeck
    • Levi Leipheimer
    • Robert Gesink
    • Vincenzo Nibali
    • Alejandro Valverde
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretending to be Sagan.....still a very good laugh here and there!

Tweeter Sagan@TweeterSagan

Sky very strange team. Every day after finish spinning class outside team bus. Today maybe step aerobics...

I wish Gilbert was at his best. Was looking forward to his crazy breakaways and him and other power riders like Spartacus, Bosenhagen and Chavanell mixing it up in a stage like yesterday, especially now that Sagan is in the mix as well. Can't help to wonder how these two would compare if Gilbert was in his pre-tour form of last year.

I see there is a hectic descent today shortly before the finish. Breakaway on the final little climb inevitable IMO. Can't wait.

I see there is a hectic descent today shortly before the finish. Breakaway on the final little climb inevitable IMO. Can't wait.

Tailor-made for someone like Chavanel.

A few comments from the Tour on Sagans victory salutes - I think he deservers them.

Sagan has stated that his teammates have been suggesting the various celebrations, and not all of the riders object to them. "Totally for Sagan and his crazy salutes, he's 22, he's got plenty of time to grow old and dignified," said David Millar.

Sagan's teammate Ivan Basso is also enjoying the youthful exuberance. "Special atmosphere at Liquigas-Cannondale's home. with the beautiful crazy of Sagan & co I discover a younger Ivan," he said on Twitter.

Notable author Richard Moore suggested one solution for those who object to the antics: "If you don't like Sagan's victory celebrations there's one good way to stop them, chaps."

Love it....Millar talking about aspects of dignity....

Sagan cruised around that last bend with a huge gap - No wonder he did the Forrest Gump run to the line -he had time to kill.

Wiggins looked pissed after his fall

post-26427-0-90891500-1341395282.jpg

post-26427-0-93752900-1341395284.jpg

post-26427-0-07378200-1341395287.jpg

post-26427-0-00896900-1341395290.jpg

Question: What is Omega-Pharma Quickstep and Tony Martin trying to accomplish by keeping him in the Tour with a broken wrist. Are they hoping for a win at the stage 9 TT? Surely Martin won't be a contender for the win with a broken wrist? I just can't fathom why he is still riding. A broken wrist doesn't heal overnight, right?

Question: What is Omega-Pharma Quickstep and Tony Martin trying to accomplish by keeping him in the Tour with a broken wrist. Are they hoping for a win at the stage 9 TT? Surely Martin won't be a contender for the win with a broken wrist? I just can't fathom why he is still riding. A broken wrist doesn't heal overnight, right?

I think he'll still win both TT's

maybe the fracture isn't that bad....

Did anyone else notice the guy in the front bunch missing the final turn and carrying on straight? His head was hanging and he was clearly stukkend and thus did not see the turn coming. Who was he?

I think he'll ride until stage 9 and then re-asses.

needs racing km's for the olympics though.

Did anyone else notice the guy in the front bunch missing the final turn and carrying on straight? His head was hanging and he was clearly stukkend and thus did not see the turn coming. Who was he?

haha, also saw him, think he was from movistar, maybe valverde?

Yeah, Zook, I don't think the laaitie is a pure sprinter like Cav/Greipel.

Add some gradient and you get the power sprinters like Boonen, Hushovd, Sagan.

It's funny that everyone has labelled him as a 'Sprinter' when he isn't. Yup he won in the Tour of Cali in several sprint stages but he's more a strong rider with a fair few of his wins coming out of last 5km attacks and pounding it out for the line. That is where the cheesy Merckx comparison comes from. If it was just another rock'n'rolla sprint star the press wouldn't be frothing so much.

He's been labeled Merckx 2.0 by a number of people for a while now before Phil&Paul got hold of it yesterday, bet they'll flog that one to death!

Edited by hellocolour

A pic of gummi :w00t: post-26136-0-72534300-1341384212.jpg

I am done with race starts now and will have to watch it on tv.

Met quite a few other South Africans at the starts and a few good chats.

Only 2 finishes left to watch live.

Lees maar wat die 'ekspets' skryf, ek is net 'n 'ubber so weet nie juis veel van 'road race' tactics nen so aan nie ;) - onthou as jy nie al pro 'gecycle' het nie mag jy mos nie eintlik comment nie :whistling:

Ha ha!!!. Dit is presies wat 'n "Team Owner / Manager" (een of ander Komputer maatskappy :whistling: ;) ) hier op die hub vir my 'n paar jaar terug gese het.

Dit was nadat ek gese het dat John Lee Augustyn (die jaar toe hy teen die berg af gejaag het terwyl hy voor was) is in my opinie 'n beter jaer as Robbie Hunter (JLA was op daardie stadium baie minute voor RH op die GC)

Hy het my behoorlik sleg gese.

This will be the only in competition TT's left that he will be able to ride before the Olympics. All his main rivals will be featuring and I think it's just for training to see how he is going before hitting London.