Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Does la suck or is he safe because he has denied it from the beginning and will continue to deny it?

To me? He competed in a sport where doping was rife, and it seems pretty much everyone was doing it - so if he ended up the best in that sport at the time, that makes him a better doper, and a better cyclist when on dope. The question to me is not "would he have been the best if he had not doped" but "would he have still been the best if everyone had not doped". We'll never know the answer to that.

Those so-called team mates who have now come out and stabbed him in the back had a choice at the time - go along with it and be a doper, or speak out and try and change the sport. In my view, they made their choice at the time - it's too late for them to try and reverse that and change the sport now, they became part of those who believe doping and cycling go hand in hand. That choice and the ability to change the sport has now been handed down to the current generation of cyclists, they must decide what sport they want to be a part of.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading this thread it sounds more like a Monica Lewinsky move.

cant be, our hands are on the keyboard

We normally just ignore the troll…

Ei ei just imagine if i had to ignore the trolls, life would be boring :clap:

Edited by SwissVan

Leipheimer, Vande Velde, Zabriskie, Danielson, Barry and Hincapie suspended for six months

As a result of USADA's investigation into doping practices carried out by Lance Armstrong and the US Postal team, several of the American's former teammates have been suspended by the anti-doping agency and disqualified from races they competed in while doping.

In their investigation, which found Armstrong guilty of several doping related charges, 11 former teammates testified under oath. Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles as a result of the investigation, and chose not fight the charged leveled at him. Six active riders have been suspended for six months.

So USADA want Lance banned for life from everything and stripped of his titles but his team mates get 6 months?

I'm no fanboy but c'mon - 6 months for the others but life fukt proper for Lance? What was that word again? Ah yes. Witch hunyt. A rather specific with hunt in my opinion.

To me? He competed in a sport where doping was rife, and it seems pretty much everyone was doing it - so if he ended up the best in that sport at the time, that makes him a better doper, and a better cyclist when on dope. The question to me is not "would he have been the best if he had not doped" but "would he have still been the best if everyone had not doped". We'll never know the answer to that.

Those so-called team mates who have now come out and stabbed him in the back had a choice at the time - go along with it and be a doper, or speak out and try and change the sport. In my view, they made their choice at the time - it's too late for them to try and reverse that and change the sport now, they became part of those who believe doping and cycling go hand in hand. That choice and the ability to change the sport has now been handed down to the current generation of cyclists, they must decide what sport they want to be a part of.

to my original question - Does la suck or not? A simple yes or no will do but reading through your post you should answer no because he opted to dope, deny it and carry on denying it. Interesting that you use the term "stabbed him in the back" as that is exactly what he did when they left the team.

Leipheimer, Vande Velde, Zabriskie, Danielson, Barry and Hincapie suspended for six months

As a result of USADA's investigation into doping practices carried out by Lance Armstrong and the US Postal team, several of the American's former teammates have been suspended by the anti-doping agency and disqualified from races they competed in while doping.

In their investigation, which found Armstrong guilty of several doping related charges, 11 former teammates testified under oath. Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles as a result of the investigation, and chose not fight the charged leveled at him. Six active riders have been suspended for six months.

So USADA want Lance banned for life from everything and stripped of his titles but his team mates get 6 months?

I'm no fanboy but c'mon - 6 months for the others but life fukt proper for Lance? What was that word again? Ah yes. Witch hunyt. A rather specific with hunt in my opinion.

Wonder what Lance's sanction would have been if he co-operated with investigators years ago already?

11 team mates turn on him now, but chose to say nothing at the time?

For me, that weakens my impression on the team mates more than it does LA. If they accepted at the time, and decided to say nothing, they should have had the guts to stick by that decision. If they didn't agree with it then, they should have said something then.

I'm not condoning LA - or hating him for what happened. His team mates though? They suck IMO

So you think that once they realised they were wrong to dope they should have stayed quiet? Why? To protect Lance? Or to protect themselves? Or to live a lie?

I think it is ridiculous to shoot the messenger.

Bottom line is that Lance cheated. Having said that, he has also done a lot of good for a lot of people via Livestrong but that is not the issue with his doping. The basic premise of sport is to win by fair means, he did not ... even though lots of other people also did not, it still does not make what he did better in any way.

He is a cheat and I don't believe there needs to be any debate in that.

Edited by TimW

He is a cheat and I don't believe there should not be any debate in that.

Hey, Tim last few days must have opened a goldmine of questions to ask the vanishing twin, right?

Wonder what Lance's sanction would have been if he co-operated with investigators years ago already?

If it was the same as the others my response would be - why bother with whole investigation?

6 months and a few years of titles stripped?

That's like me being found guilty of fraud and my being told I'll never work again. After I've retired.

Not even a slap of the wrist a tickle on the forearm with a feather more like.

Pathetic. All other pros are breathing a sigh of relief and saying "game on for doping boys - Nothing to fear here"!

Read the usada Report. La was the mastermind. He manipulated and controlled uci and teammates. Hence the stricter sentence.

Not that the other we're innocent, but seriously. Read the report

Would like to know what Liggett has to say about this.

Isn't it time for UCI esp McQuaid to make a statement?