Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Also looking forward to what Bruyneel has to say for himself. I have a feeling there's loads more to come.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think that EPO makes all its users look the same? It sure as hell makes them all sing the same song (except for Lance of course)!

post-17716-0-68000500-1350419285_thumb.jpg

post-17716-0-10119000-1350419323_thumb.jpg

Also looking forward to what Bruyneel has to say for himself. I have a feeling there's loads more to come.

"could you repeat the question...?"

It'll be really disappointing if JB doesn't go to arbitration after all.

I was just thinking it's (the arbitration) probably not going to happen.

Boom - Leipheimer fired

Lefevere never had any problem working with dopers in the past.

to quote:

"I treat all my riders the same, but Johan Museeuw has a special place in my heart."

Not a good omen for guys fessing up to their past sins...but speculation is Lefevere is getting rid of dead wood and big wages to make way for my boy.

If there is any doubt that the guys who gave evidence against big Tex are going to pay a huge price if they did not tell the truth surely this will remove it? Why would a pro jeopardise his job for some lies?

On the NIKE thing:

Do they think it was fair that Armstrong and his cohorts helped to scuttle a chance for cycling to make a new start after the Festina scandal, plunging the better part of a decade of the sport into the deep, dark depths of cheating, and leaving seven blank pages in the Tour de France history books?

I wonder if the average American, who last year made only $50,000 per year, thinks it is fair that Armstrong amassed a net worth upwards of $125 million based on deception, cheating and lying, and will get to keep a large part of that, the ends very much justifying the means.

Do they think it is fair that participants in the conspiracy continue to work in the sport, including mentoring young riders and directing WorldTour teams, while all the time we are to believe the sport is clean?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/the-lance-armstrong-fairness-fallacy

I'm sure riders like Leipheimer will find a team again because of their UCI points. It would be great if the UCI can actually provide leadership about now, when it is really needed. However, Pat & Hein are probably too busy covering their tracks but I fear it's too late.

Not a good omen for guys fessing up to their past sins...but speculation is Lefevere is getting rid of dead wood and big wages to make way for my boy.

If there is any doubt that the guys who gave evidence against big Tex are going to pay a huge price if they did not tell the truth surely this will remove it? Why would a pro jeopardise his job for some lies?

I was thinking the lenient sentences might encourage guys to step forward, but you are right....this will place it back in the "covered up" zone.... :huh:

Nice article in the IHT this morning by Michael Barry, kind of sums up a few other situations that professional cyclists live with and that need fixing

Cycling Becomes a Cleaner Sport, Not a Safer One

....."Pro cycling needs to be restructured.

The environment remains precarious on every level. Cyclists are required to sacrifice most other aspects of their lives to reach the top. Virtually year-round, we lead ascetic lives, where each movement on and off our bikes is calculated so we will perform to the best of our abilities. The demands are high.

We leave home when we are young and quit school to enter the bubble of pro sports. Inside the bubble, we are sealed off from our families, our lifelong friends and foundation. We live in a world in which we are only as good as our last race, and the next race is the priority.

Pro teams, which are financed with sponsorship and do not share in television rights, are a liability. Their existence is dependent on victories and results points maintained by the International Cycling Union, or the U.C.I., as it is better known. Teams that do not continue to build points lose their position in the WorldTour, the elite group of teams allowed to race in the top events like the Tour de France Sponsors’ money swiftly disappears".....

The full article here at the NYTimes

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/16/sports/global/cyclings-new-path-to-a-clean-sport-must-continue.html?ref=global&_r=0

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ferrari-hits-back-at-usada-doping-accusations

The first hole in the USADA allegations.

$1,000,000 over 10 years is not excessive for this level of sports consultancy.

The affidavits are the accused word against the accuser. USADA has compiled a lot of this trusting that the number will be impressive enough to spawn more his word against my word affidavits.

Didn't Schumi long to start firing back. He also provides some insight into the accusers all being based in the same location and off the same nationality....

Oh man this puzzle is starting to fill in now. The frame was built now the real picture is coming together.

If what he says is true, there is a possibility that the American riders are the orchestrators of the alleged conspiracy, with the USADA aiding and abedding them.

Oh more twists and twirls than a twist and twirly thing