Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFL. Damn. And it all comes crashing down.

But I reckon it has more to do with the reputational fallout and complementary "loss of face" that would occur had they continued to support the oke.

ROFL. Damn. And it all comes crashing down.

But I reckon it has more to do with the reputational fallout and complementary "loss of face" that would occur had they continued to support the oke.

And they ned to buy time to explain the $500,000 dollars paid to the UCI. They're danglin ghim to the wolves on one and the sharks on the other.

He'll have to join Billy Graham if he wants to find forgiveness in this crowd..

Edited by GoLefty!!

And they ned to buy time to explain the $500,000 dollars paid to the UCI. They're danglin ghim to the wolves on one and the sharks on the other.

He'll have to join Billy Graham if he wants to find forgiveness in this crowd..

Yeha, but the thing is I still support him. Regardless of what happened, the fact is that the whole peloton was and still is dirty. Has been for ages. Even though he may have been a mastermind in terms of doping in his particular team (which I'm still not 100% convinced of, despite all the "witness testimonies" given by guys who have an axe to grind or something to gain by testifying against, even if it is just a 6 month ban the question has to be asked what would have happened had they not testified)

Back to t though - even though he may have been a mastermind, it is still just ONE TEAM. He cannot be viewed as the patriarch of the whole doping culture. Fact is, his teams were not the only ones doping. So, by extension, the feats he achieved on the bike are still worthy of attention. IF he did dope.

But heck, short of admittance, we'll never know the full truth. There has been too much sensationalism, too much "witch hunting" and too much posturing for it to be 100% definitive.

Yeha, but the thing is I still support him. Regardless of what happened, the fact is that the whole peloton was and still is dirty. Has been for ages. Even though he may have been a mastermind in terms of doping in his particular team (which I'm still not 100% convinced of, despite all the "witness testimonies" given by guys who have an axe to grind or something to gain by testifying against, even if it is just a 6 month ban the question has to be asked what would have happened had they not testified)

Back to t though - even though he may have been a mastermind, it is still just ONE TEAM. He cannot be viewed as the patriarch of the whole doping culture. Fact is, his teams were not the only ones doping. So, by extension, the feats he achieved on the bike are still worthy of attention. IF he did dope.

But heck, short of admittance, we'll never know the full truth. There has been too much sensationalism, too much "witch hunting" and too much posturing for it to be 100% definitive.

dude, do you work for Lances legal team? either that or you actually believe his defence...?

this is a case of guilty or not guilty. Right now Guilty is most likely.

Dr Ferrari's comments about the report and the accusers does shed some interesting light on the matter.

Nike getting out of the way is just the kind of thing corporates do to protect their shareholders. It means nothing at the end of the day.

IF some revelation comes out that swings the scandal the other way Nke will be back on board. Their continued support of Livestrong means they've still got something dangling in the water.

But it won;t look good dropping cancer support will it, at least not at this time

Jeff Garvey is taking over Armstrong's duties at Livestrong. Who is Jeff?

Jeff Garvey is the founder of an investment company called Austin Ventures.. they are investors in amongst other the mapmyfitness group (map my ride etc), they are also the owners of Bazaar Voice a PR Company whos job it is to turn good news bad.. Bazaar voices clients? Livestrong, Trek, Oakley, Radioshack.. you getting the picture?

Edited by jcza

What like kiss and make up with dangle?

Eish you got me i'm lost for words o fearless gangster...

But i warn you i dont kiss guys, not even over the internet ...sies !!

I agree, most people tend to agree that LA was / is rather cunning....BUT in hindsight he made some real glaringly hard to believe stoopid mistakes for someone who tends to be a perfectionist.

The one that gets me is how he spoke so much about his doping methods and pushed PED's amongest fellow team members over all those years, surely thats something you would not do if you dont want to get caught.....?

Well if i felt threatened and an unwilling participant i would ensure i have ammo, unless they were searched entering and leaving i would ensure i have recording, video tape, vials with finger prints etc. Makes it a lot easier then to believe you were not willing participant.

South Africa has a communist party more than 20yrs after the rest of the world gave it up as a bad job; thoroughly discredited.

They still sing the songs and spout the slogans; and explain their situation through conspiracy theories - and to the outside world it looks ridiculous.

LA & everything he built is disappearing beneath a righteous tsunami of evidence, but the South African fan club remains - nominated for the 2012 Ostrich Award.

South Africa has a communist party more than 20yrs after the rest of the world gave it up as a bad job; thoroughly discredited.

They still sing the songs and spout the slogans; and explain their situation through conspiracy theories - and to the outside world it looks ridiculous.

LA & everything he built is disappearing beneath a righteous tsunami of evidence, but the South African fan club remains - nominated for the 2012 Ostrich Award.

Can you name one person on the Hub that believe's he is innocent.

Can you name one person on the Hub that believe's he is innocent.

Can't be bothered to find the names but there's a couple

Well if i felt threatened and an unwilling participant i would ensure i have ammo, unless they were searched entering and leaving i would ensure i have recording, video tape, vials with finger prints etc. Makes it a lot easier then to believe you were not willing participant.

Oh you're so cunning, i like your line of thinking.

I was wondering if the USADA had anything along those lines in their evidence. LA probably owned all their cell phones, recorders etc...and had his bully boys search / remove them before every meeting.