Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

I'm all for the fluffy lions (and prize money) being claimed back if they apply the same to Levi, Tyler, Millar, Floyed, Big George etc etc etc etc.

For those Lance fans who bought his bogus autobiography - claim your cash back!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to admit though..... Tylers book will make a wonderfull movie.....

And looking at all the unstable guys on the Hub I am sure they can use a few of the hubbers in their cast......

This is interesting , who on the hub to put in what role.

In the lead role........tadaaaaaa !!!!

And on a road bike nogal! TADAAAAAA!!!!!!

Now for the rest of the cast.

Why should the real kingpin be spared ?

I mean Lance will spare them as they didnt "rat" him out. Or at least George held up until he didnt have any other choice...

THe real hero here is actually Tyler Hamilton. His book is a tell it as it is to the normal guy on the street. This way we mortals can understand the real story and not be required to read through a 1,000 pages of technicalities.

Tyler Hamilton is a doper, not a hero....and by his own admission, Armstrong's b*tchthumbup1.gif

Tyler Hamilton is a doper, not a hero....and by his own admission, Armstrong's b*tchthumbup1.gif

Well at least he admits it... and he also doesnt spare himself in his book. It takes a real man to do that. He was brutally honest.

So who do you respect/despise more? Tyler the rat or Lance the defiant cheat?

Well at least he admits it... and he also doesnt spare himself in his book. It takes a real man to do that. He was brutally honest.

Spartikusthumbup1.gif

I mean Lance will spare them as they didnt "rat" him out. Or at least George held up until he didnt have any other choice...

Cool, I get it now, but I think L.A. will be very schtum, but hopefully this fiasco will get Bruyneel ratted out.

IMO Tyler is hardly a hero - he has profiteered from this mess AFTER being bust. In his defence he hasn't pretended to be hero though even if everything he has done has been self-serving. He has also admitted that had he not been found out would would also have likely continued to deny... Which means he is both a doper AND a defiant cheat - just like prime evil himself. See link...

http://www.news.com....0-1226497727051

Speaking on Melbourne radio, Hamilton admitted he may likely have been "prepared to go to the grave" with his own secrets before being caught

However once sprung, he knew he had to plough on and has urged Armstrong to do the same, suggesting it will lead to a happier life. "I just feel for his situation," Hamilton told SEN on Wednesday morning.

"It's got to be hard. He's got to be a broken soul right now.

"It's never too late to tell the truth. There's going to be consequences.

"There's probably a lot of money at stake if he tells the truth, but I guarantee he's going to lead a much happier second half of his life if he comes out and comes clean."

He also shows some empathy for Arstrong in between profiting from all this. I guess this may be because he knows that he, Lance and much of the Peleton are really all the same at the end of the day. lance was simply the most successful cheat of the lot and for that he will pay the biggest price.

Edited by dracs

Gag taken from twitter:

Of course Lance Armstrong's dumbest move was him not taking up javellin throwing.

Its like a guy called "Legs Pedalwell" not becoming a cyclist".

IMO Tyler is hardly a hero - he has profiteered from this mess AFTER being bust.

Many, many pages later and someone speaks sense about Tyler thumbup1.gif

So it's safe to say that cycling is rife with dopers, snitches, dodgy doctors and inept/corrupt officiation?

Dope is in all sports but just don't make headlines like cycling does.

Hamilton is certainly no hero. I think a number of people have said that on this thread. He certainly doesn't portray himself as one in the book. He comes across as someone trying to come clean but still not fully accepting blame and responsibility.

My impression is he told the ruth as he understands it but he certainly comes out a little dodgy

I guess this may be because he knows that he, Lance and much of the Peleton are really all the same at the end of the day. lance was simply the most successful cheat of the lot and for that he will pay the biggest price.

Ja but at least the other riders didnt go to UCI complaining about Lance doping whilst doing the 7 tours? Lance did everything possible to win. He basically ratted Tyler out first so screw him. Tyler has all the rights to rat "back" at him......

And say what you want, Tyler coming out with the truth is what we needed. I personally think that it makes the difference in this whole saga as now everybody knows without having to read a technical document.

Now if only Tyler donates all profits made from his book to some charity then it will really have a happy ending............

How many books did Lance and co sell that was a lie???

At least Tyler sells the truth.

Ja but at least the other riders didnt go to UCI complaining about Lance doping whilst doing the 7 tours? Lance did everything possible to win. He basically ratted Tyler out first so screw him. Tyler has all the rights to rat "back" at him......

snip

At least Tyler sells the truth.

you are putting a lot of faith in the word of an admitted liar.