Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

What?

Just a sense? Or gut feelin?

Wiggins in 2009 and Wiggins in 2012 - such a massive difference. Have a look at the VAM numbers for Wiggins, comparable to Pantani & others. I find it suspicious.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiggins in 2009 and Wiggins in 2012 - such a massive difference. Have a look at the VAM numbers for Wiggins, comparable to Pantani & others. I find it suspicious.

I dunno, I'm even less of a Sky fan now that they're firing people all over the show, but I can believe that Wiggo was clean. At no point did he do anything spectacular (excl. the TTs where we knew he would be). He was sitting on a team mates wheel all through the Alpes and Pyrenees. Hardly evidence of a doped rider.

However, this is just my opinion based on what I saw, not any numbers. Care to elaborate on the VAM numbers?

The Wiggo conspiracy holds no water.

Might he have doped somewhere, who knows, anything is possible in the light of whats happened in this sport.

Was his improvement from doping, no and the time lapse from his two great tours is enough of an indicator to show that hard work has payed off.

Did it half kill him, I think so.

He is already talking about helping Froome to get the top step.

That's the problem with us regular fun riders.

First mistake, we think by training hard alone is enough to get you to the top of the sport, but sorry to say, this is not the case, and when they don't succeed they think the super humans are naturally dopers.

This is how it works, you get born with what your mamma and papa gave you.

You have the choice to use this or not.

Some get given more than others and some even more.

Hard training then separates the men from the boys, these are the men we see at the top of our sport.

Again some work harder than others, and yes somewhere along the line the drugs might creep in to try and get the edge.

Bottom line, get born with talent, train hard and peoples jaws will drop.

Now it's time to effing grow up and stop being so bloomin pessimistic man.

Might he have doped somewhere, who knows, anything is possible in the light of whats happened in this sport.

Was his improvement from doping, no and the time lapse from his two great tours is enough of an indicator to show that hard work has payed off.

First mistake, we think by training hard alone is enough to get you to the top of the sport, but sorry to say, this is not the case, and when they don't succeed they think the super humans are naturally dopers.

Hard training then separates the men from the boys, these are the men we see at the top of our sport.

Again some work harder than others, and yes somewhere along the line the drugs might creep in to try and get the edge.

Wiggo's track career and record is an eye opener

every single tour de france rider has amazing talent. far more than any of us could ever hope to achieve, even with drugs

every single tour de france rider has amazing talent. far more than any of us could ever hope to achieve, even with drugs

Awesome, the echo has come back in a shortened version, thanks thumbup1.gif

I agree with most of what you're saying except that I still believe "something" happened in Tenerife. Not quite the same improvement as Armstrong pre and post cancer but certainly a shift from being a top 10 GC contender to a certain winner. Wiggins was already an exceptional rider in 2009 but was clearly not going to win the tour. In 2012 he was pencilled in before the tour even started and even stated that no one would live with him.

Or maybe I'm just suspicious....

ph34r.png

Not attacking you personally thumbup1.gif

But you are not the only one who happens to be suspicious, but it's becoming a very common South African trait, the minute things go well for anyone, it has to be because of some sinister reason.

Very jealous nation this.

Not attacking you personally thumbup1.gif

But you are not the only one who happens to be suspicious, but it's becoming a very common South African trait, the minute things go well for anyone, it has to be because of some sinister reason.

Very jealous nation this.

It's ok Dangle, no offence taken. I love good debate with folk that know more than me. However the questions around Wiggo is not a SA thing, it's a cycling thing.

Or maybe I'm one of the bone idle w*nkers he was talking about?

It's ok Dangle, no offence taken. I love good debate with folk that know more than me. However the questions around Wiggo is not a SA thing, it's a cycling thing.

He is not my favourite person but he is an interesting person.Througout his career he seems to be pretty anti doping.Might have something to do with his dad who was a track cyclist and took amphetamines and various other drugs to boost his cycling

I think you you go to an english pub you will find they use that term very much in the same fashion as could I have a beer.

He is not my favourite person but he is an interesting person.Througout his career he seems to be pretty anti doping.Might have something to do with his dad who was a track cyclist and took amphetamines and various other drugs to boost his cycling

Yeah, and there is the fact that the emergence of Team GB was built on one of the strictest doping and whereabouts policies in the world.