Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Ok now that's getting stupid!

Said it before, will say it again. People getting far too caught up in the LA angle, driven by emotion.

Luckily though the broader issue of anti doping in sport is being brought the fore now.

Then stop opening the thread, it's not that hard. Better than trying force censorship on those who are discussing the topic.

And this wasn't done by Festina and Operation Puerto? From all accounts it seems that the major culture shift in the sport happened way before the USADA Lance bomb exploded. The only real effect this has had was that the 'the professional sport of bike racing' (Sherwen quote for effect) saw the back of some major sponsors.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, but the problem is that the contract stipulated that he had to be the official winner of the Tour, which he no longer is.

I agree. But, my point is, at the time, the Lance camp claimed this as more proof that he was clean.

I agree. But, my point is, at the time, the Lance camp claimed this as more proof that he was clean.

I was surprised by that line. I thought he had doping clauses in all his contracts/endorsements.

What was "proof" that he was clean? Winning?

The Wiggo conspiracy holds no water.

Might he have doped somewhere, who knows, anything is possible in the light of whats happened in this sport.

Was his improvement from doping, no and the time lapse from his two great tours is enough of an indicator to show that hard work has payed off.

Did it half kill him, I think so.

He is already talking about helping Froome to get the top step.

That's the problem with us regular fun riders.

First mistake, we think by training hard alone is enough to get you to the top of the sport, but sorry to say, this is not the case, and when they don't succeed they think the super humans are naturally dopers.

This is how it works, you get born with what your mamma and papa gave you.

You have the choice to use this or not.

Some get given more than others and some even more.

Hard training then separates the men from the boys, these are the men we see at the top of our sport.

Again some work harder than others, and yes somewhere along the line the drugs might creep in to try and get the edge.

Bottom line, get born with talent, train hard and peoples jaws will drop.

Now it's time to effing grow up and stop being so bloomin pessimistic man.

Thats about the only part that I personally agree with, but a bit obvious though. Have to admit I am one of those guys that LA feel sorry for who "Can't dream big".

I was surprised by that line. I thought he had doping clauses in all his contracts/endorsements.

What was "proof" that he was clean? Winning?

Maybe between Tailwind and Lance, but not between Tailwind and SCA. Most reports about that case mention that he won on a "technicality".

Thats about the only part that I personally agree with, but a bit obvious though. Have to admit I am one of those guys that LA feel sorry for who "Can't dream big".

I am not following, "I am one of those guys that LA feel sorry for "

I am not following, "I am one of those guys that LA feel sorry for "

It's from his TdF podium speech where he said he felt sorry for those who didn't believe in miracles, those who don't dream big.

That case will come back to haunt him because it is where he declared under oath that he never used PED's. Could end up in the same situation as Marion Jones charged with perjury.

I know I sound like a broken record but this is not about LA it is about the total incompetence of the UCI to manage the sport properly.

But he didnt test positive once???

His samples from 1999 tested positive for EPO............ BUT the test wasn't conducted to determine the use of PED, so technically you are correct.

Dont know if this has been posted already, but couldnt resist...

I actually dont care if he doped or not....one STILL needs a crap load of talent and determination to go where he has gone.

Just la or any of them?

But he didnt test positive once???

he did, but UCI made it go away and then he made a large "donation" to the UCI.

Strange the UCI have not produced these past positive test yet to the public, with them having their biggest sharpest knife in for him atm.

G

he did, but UCI made it go away and then he made a large "donation" to the UCI.

A bit extreme...uhm, very extreme...

London - Stripped of his cycling medals over a doping scandal, disgraced US icon Lance Armstrong will suffer a fresh humiliation this weekend at the hands of an English town which will burn him in effigy.

The nine metre steel-framed figure, dressed in a Tour de France leader's yellow jersey, will be torched on Saturday during the annual Guy Fawkes or Bonfire Night celebrations in Edenbridge in Kent, southeast England.

Read more here:

http://www.sport24.c...strong-20121031

Just like USADA, they are not picking on lancie. They burn an effigy of someone "famous" every year, this year they chose him.