Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And if they strip him of his tdf wins that will give Jan Ulrich 6 tdf wins yipeeeeeee

Lol first thing that came to mind when i saw - stripping of 7 titles.

"...USADA outlined new allegations ....... saying it collected blood samples from him in 2009 and 2010 that were “fully consistent with blood ma­nipu­la­tion including EPO use and/or blood transfusions.”

So if the same rules applied to AC is to apply here, the athlete has to prove his innocence rather than USADA proving the guilt. That makes it very difficult for LA, not that the process can be deemed as ligit, but they can find him guilty easily (like with AC), but that wont settle any debate.

Are they then going to strip him of his wins prior to 2009/10 if they prove this "consistency with blood manipulation" in the years 09/10???

Cycling and it's rules will be even more ****-up but the time we get to the ned of this saga.

And why only now does all this evidence surface?

And if they strip him of his tdf wins that will give Jan Ulrich 6 tdf wins yipeeeeeee

Will it? Or will it eventually be given to some guy who finished 84th?

The case is against:

Johan Bruyneel (team director)Dr. Pedro Celaya (team doctor)Dr. Luis Garcia del Moral (team doctor)Dr. Michele Ferrari (consulting doctor)Pepe Marti (team trainer)Lance Armstrong (rider)

I think credit should be given where credit is due. These doctors are brilliant, from 1999 to now, not a single rider was tested positive on their watch. In that time, they have won the Tour de France 9 times (if I count correctly), while almost all of the competing riders have been busted. Perhaps they are the real heroes here.

Not quite Fuyi Li was tested positive for Clenbuterol.

Just for Scotty:

Go Lance! :thumbup:

Still reading up on it. Plenty to come out still, the charges have been laid, need to be backed up which up to now have been more he/she said/saw.

USADA have used their top scientists to analyze the samples, one would assume now LA would be afforded the chance to have the USADA findings verified.

Will it? Or will it eventually be given to some guy who finished 84th?

Was thinking the same thing :whistling:

Still reading up on it. Plenty to come out still, the charges have been laid, need to be backed up which up to now have been more he/she said/saw.

USADA have used their top scientists to analyze the samples, one would assume now LA would be afforded the chance to have the USADA findings verified.

Yeah, that component of this is going to be interesting as it seems to hinge on irregular values rather than positives.

Was thinking the same thing :whistling:

I wonder how far back would you have to go?

:-(

BORING!!!!

Yawn

Just out of curiosity: Do you guys frequently go to the movies, buy tickets for a romcom, then go into the cinema, wait for the movie to start, and then yell "Boring!" before walking out?

I guess this will never end until they find LA guilty of something!

Anyone who has any idea of the physical demands of successfully competing at the pro level will know that the whole methodolgy of testing opens itself up to everyone being on something as bclark's post so correctly calls it. Everyone is on some cocktail trying to get their levels up to the absolute limits prescribed by WADA and co.

The only good thing that could come of this is for someone to come up with a better testing protocol with a completely new methodology!

USADA is like a bulldog.

They promised in earlier media statements that they will not let it go, even if the Feds stopped investigating.

:whistling: