Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Hmmmm.... disagree

Strong message = zero tolerance = death sentence = life time ban for all known (caught) dopers.

Stuff this 2 year sh1te

.....but isnt that what they are doing.? Or am I misreading your question, anythings possible today, my Nespresso Coffee Pods ran out last night.! :lol:

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha - hello good morning ! mybad !

He he he - some laughs had to come out of this thread!

He may have his titles stripped, but he'll always be a 7-time winner of le Tour.....

Aint that just the truth.

And then some spoilt brats sit and stare at the mountain in Cape Town thinking they singlehandedly brought him down, and they are who again ?

Just a question to everyone here, Lance fans, Lance haters and so on.

Do y'all think that without the drugs he would have been a mediocre athlete ?

The guy is a genetic freak, nuff said.

I wish him well and thank him for years of T.V. and media entertainment over the years.

He will be a bigger legend than Merckx in many years to come.

I don't condone his antics and what he "might" be guilty of, but hell, I do admire his athletic ability.

Edited by Dangle

Yes, the new winners list also is questionable:

1999 - Alex Zulle (SUI)

2000 - Jan Ullrich (GER)

2001 - Jan Ullrich (GER)

2002 - Joesba Beloki (ESP)

2003 - Jan Ullrich (GER)

2004 - Andreas Kloden (GER)

2005 - Ivan Basso (ITA)

.....but isnt that what they are doing.? Or am I misreading your question, anythings possible today, my Nespresso Coffee Pods ran out last night.! :lol:

Yes its what they are doing.....but selectively to LA.

I'm all for anti-doping but strongly believe the only effective deterrent will be a life time ban, stuff this give them a chance they made a mistake ***….it’s only a mistake once they got caught.

What about the other dopers who did return positive tests and are still competing

All is forgiven because you admitted it was wrong after we caught you....LOL

And then some spoilt brats sit and stare at the mountain in Cape Town thinking they singlehandedly brought him down, and they are who again ?

I wish him well and thank him for years of T.V. and media entertainment over the years.

I don't condone his antics and what he "might" be guilty of, but hell, I do admire his athletic ability.

koF dangle, stop it.... no way in hell i'm giving you another "Like this"

Yes its what they are doing.....but selectively to LA.

I'm all for anti-doping but strongly believe the only effective deterrent will be a life time ban, stuff this give them a chance they made a mistake ***….it’s only a mistake once they got caught.

What about the other dopers who did return positive tests and are still competing

All is forgiven because you admitted it was wrong after we caught you....LOL

Hmm, yeah, I hear you.

I am stunned...........utterly and adequate so......A lesson to wannabe cyclist with modest enough talent....Cheat so long as you do not win, then you won't be investigated..and you can have a descent career, if you can provide evidence against the perennial winner of cycle races..this will place in good stead, and probably even away from prosecution for your testimony is "priceless"

I get the picture...

Even dead former greats are no so immune, chances are they need to be dug up...INSANE this..never failed a single drug (s) test..NEVER

Hmm, yeah, I hear you.

:thumbup: ... now i can sign off in a relaxed mood....and get on with some work :eek:

Hope you find some nesspresso capsules, do you get the non nestle nesspresso capsules in SA?

After a cup of Voluto (sorry grumps) this is what I reckon.

This was Lance's best decision - being the most polarising athlete ever this will make no difference. The haters will always be haters and the disciples will always believe if Lance doesn't contest the fight - you can't lose if you don't fight. He will be found guilty be no contest not guilty in a (kangaroo?) court.

He gets to keep all the fame, glory, endorsements, prize money, trophy wags, memories, TdF lions, foundations etc.

About the only thing he really loses is some xterra and tri fun.

Agreed. Think this is one of the worst decisions made in the history of sport.

I agree 100%. I look at someone like Froome and love what he has brought to cycling the past year, but you have to wonder where has his dominance in the mountain stages come from all of a sudden. Can't help but wonder, is he really that good or does he have a really good chemist.

Or is a guy like froome able to compete with a guy like 'Berto cos Berto is no longer doped to his eye-balls.... Its all relative.

About the only thing he really loses is some xterra and tri fun.

That must be really hard for him, he clearly enjoyed it and wanted to compete in more events.

I'll be suprised if he stays rolled over playing dead for long....

:thumbup: ... now i can sign off in a relaxed mood....and get on with some work :eek:

Hope you find some nesspresso capsules, do you get the non nestle nesspresso capsules in SA?

No, not that I know of, do you have some further info for me.?

Just waiting for my wify to see her last client and we are off to Sandton to the Nespresso shop to stock up. :lol:

Yes, the new winners list also is questionable: 1999 - Alex Zulle (SUI) 2000 - Jan Ullrich (GER) 2001 - Jan Ullrich (GER) 2002 - Joesba Beloki (ESP) 2003 - Jan Ullrich (GER) 2004 - Andreas Kloden (GER) 2005 - Ivan Basso (ITA)

Just check 2003's 2-4... :whistling: Aaag stuffit, check further!

LA, Ulla, Vino, Tyler Hamilton, Zubeldia, Iban Mayo, Basso, Moreaux...

I think (dicey process to begin with, so correct me if I'm wrong) the only one not having been banned of the lot is Zubeldia? (And LA, up till now) But will he get the same retrospectal scrutiny?

Crazy, agree with the "worst decision in the history of the sport" sentiment.