AM tyres... what you running?

patches

If you okes were ridding in softer, muddier conditions, what would your choice be:

Front: Minion DHF, High Roller II or Shorty - all in 2.5" WT DD. 

Back: Aggressor 2.5" WT DD or Minion DHR II 2.4" WT DD. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

minion DHR rear... think it might clear mud better than the Aggressor - could get clumped up and the paddle tread pattern would aid grip.

Shorty front - better for the soft muddy wet the others seem for drier conditions... or mixed.

Edited by s14phoenix

If you okes were ridding in softer, muddier conditions, what would your choice be:

Front: Minion DHF, High Roller II or Shorty - all in 2.5" WT DD. 

Back: Aggressor 2.5" WT DD or Minion DHR II 2.4" WT DD. 

cross marks 2.1" ... front and rear   :ph34r:

Just rebuilt wheels at Stoke yesterday, thanks a million to Droo.

The tosser who built the wheels previously (no names mentioned...here) used all alu nipples (against my request or level of knowledge at the time) as well as 75% of the spokes being TOO long.

Droo sorted this out ASAP...

And now for FRESH rubber which went onto them last night in preparation for Kingdom Enduro next week.

Magic Mary 2.35 Supergravity up front

2.6 Specialized Slaughter GRID rear with FOAMO as well...Takign no chances.

LOVE the old Slaughter and the new wider one (which is not particularly wide IMHO) has ever so slightly higher centre knobs and feels way tackier so very much looking forward to playing around on it!

The tosser who built the wheels previously (no names mentioned...here) used all alu nipples (against my request or level of knowledge at the time) as well as 75% of the spokes being TOO long.

And now for FRESH rubber which went onto them last night in preparation for Kingdom Enduro next week.

LOVE the old Slaughter and the new wider one (which is not particularly wide IMHO) has ever so slightly higher centre knobs and feels way tackier so very much looking forward to playing around on it!

PITCHA's of the Spitty with newly built wheels and rubber or else it never happened

Spez' seem to suffer from the over stating issue that Maxxis have as well. That 2.6 butcher I checked yesterday was only really about a 2.4 and looked on par (if not a little slimmer) that my old Ibex 2.4. Quite annoyed they aren't making the Slaughter in 2.6 for 29'rs. 

Kingdom the sh*t out of them! 

0df26fcc5f12671b1c4b40fda236527f.jpeg54f3a12b5d292cf8116c511053d4a580.jpeg

Saw some bicycling editor raving about them but then again it is sort of his job and the owner of csixx good friends of his too

18ad5311d707c48874a91f44f4e2298c.jpg636333c38c602fdb8dbbfe5433229350.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...put it all back together. New red valves too...

It's overkill colour scheme, but it's evolved that way.

And yes.,..the 2.35 Mary is Wider than the 2.6 Slaughter on my 30mm internal width rims.

But the slaughter looks sick, much nicer than the old 2.3 version.

All in all looking damn fine if I may say so myself and ready for Kingdom Enduro next week..although I think there will be a customary full brake bleed before... :)

post-10323-0-70470400-1521135491_thumb.jpg

post-10323-0-22336300-1521135503_thumb.jpg

post-10323-0-19194000-1521135516_thumb.jpg

post-10323-0-43616100-1521135526_thumb.jpg

Those using foamo or hucknorris what’s the thoughts worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running FOAMO DD at the rear in a 2.3 aggressor, slaughter and Citius before that.

DO IT.

It's saved my rims from numerous dings and is great for when you have a slow puncture and no sealant.

Yeah, I have foamo on both bikes rear wheels. Very noticeable on the HT on bigger hits. Havent done the front wheels yet, dunno if I will.

Stressed Eric is running the Huck Norris.

Yeah, I have foamo on both bikes rear wheels. Very noticeable on the HT on bigger hits. Havent done the front wheels yet, dunno if I will.

Stressed Eric is running the Huck Norris.

if i ever do it ,it'll also probably just rear .....i am a feather weight tho 

if i ever do it ,it'll also probably just rear .....i am a feather weight tho

That’s my thing too, all in with kit I’m probably like 69-70kgs, i ride like a girl but I’m terrible at rocks, smashed and damaged many a rear wheels