DON'T

Why not?

I’ve got 2.3 High Roller and 2.2 Ardent on 30mm ID rims and they feel great

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If going for an aggressive tyre out front and semi slick at the back, which of Magic+Rock Razor and DHR/DHF+SS would you opt for? Running 29er 30mm wide rims (if that makes any difference to your opinion).

Magic & Slaughter or Magic & Minion SS. 

Why not?

I’ve got 2.3 High Roller and 2.2 Ardent on 30mm ID rims and they feel great

it's a completely different tire to the 2.5's ito feel and he's been looking for "big" tyres for the past 3 months, wondering what to buy. 

We just want him to pull the trigger and buy a flippin DHF 2.5WT or Butcher 2.6 or something. 

If he goes for a 2.3 he'll still be asking questions the day after he buys it. What tyre, what width, what compound... JUST FECKING BUY THE MAGIC MARY / DHF WT / BUTCHER!!!

:P

JUST FECKING BUY THE MAGIC MARY / DHF WT / BUTCHER!!!

I bought the MM... and then when i turned up to collect from the shop. "oh no" sorry not in stock. Then called a few more places / visited some sites and nada. I've been looking for a DHF 29 2.5 and literally phoned every shop in CT and beyond. Then called the distributors who basically just laughed at me. So boom, boom butcher it is. 

Edited by hellocolour

I bought the MM... and then when i turned up to collect from the shop. "oh no" sorry not in stock. Then called a few more places / visited some sites and nada. I've been looking for a DHF 29 2.5 and literally phoned every shop in CT and beyond. Then called the distributors who basically just laughed at me. So boom, boom butcher it is. 

Make sure it's the GRIPTON version. And NOT A CONTROL CASING!!!!

wow .... you guy's are giving me an inferiority complex with my narrow rims and 2.3" wide tyres.......

Nah, we don't need to do that. you do it all by yourself... 

BTW - I have a 2.35 up front. But it's a schwobbly, which, like WTB, understate their sizing by quite a bit. 

wow .... you guy's are giving me an inferiority complex with my narrow rims and 2.3" wide tyres.......

Go stand in the corner and think about what you've done. 

Nah, we don't need to do that. you do it all by yourself... 

BTW - I have a 2.35 up front. But it's a schwobbly, which, like WTB, understate their sizing by quite a bit. 

Go stand in the corner and think about what you've done. 

it's fine ... I just realised I ride an XC bike anyway, so all good to go 

Make sure it's the GRIPTON version. And NOT A CONTROL CASING!!!!

So... 2.1 Ground control with the control casing it is then. Fast, light and looks good with lycra. 

I might have a DHF 2.5 message me later I’ll double check I definitely have a DHR 2.3 but i must check

I might have a DHF 2.5 message me later I’ll double check I definitely have a DHR 2.3 but i must check

:clap:  Awesome! Will do. While you're in the man shed just check that other mystical things that have never been seen aren't lurking in there... you know like bigfoot, a unicorn, Flight M370, Lost city of Atlantis, the Amber Room, another DHF 2.5 29'r, that kind of thing. 

It pathetic how hard it is to find a range of tyres to choose from. 

On my last ride on the Butchers my bike did an unintentional 2 wheel drift at 50kph. It was probably the pine needles that did it and at least it was very even i.e front and back together, but scary nonetheless. 

Looking forward to getting back on a Maxxis or MM up front...

So... 2.1 Ground control with the control casing it is then. Fast, light and looks good with lycra. 

Nooit .... you want the S-Works version if you want to go FAST