Sportsmans Warhouse rip-off

MTBeer

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a gift voucher is the most crappy gift to give or to receive. That ties you to buy item at that retailer, if you going to buy a R250 gift voucher, you can give R250 cash, where they can spend it where they want on what they want.

Cash is King :thumbup:

Spin then a soppy story.

You can take it back, say to them it an unwanted gift (something you bought on you card for someone else.), they most probably give you a gift voucher back for it.

They will do it, as long they dont have to give cash back, you will spend the voucher it SW.

Then have a look at what else you want and compare at other shops, take from them the item where you will lose the least value.

I don't think you should lie.

A lot of retailers will refund you the difference if you find the same item cheaper at another store, they just don't advertise the fact. Get a written quote from your LBS and go back to SW with it. I got a R600 refund on a Garmin I bought because Makro put it on special two weeks after I bought it....not questions asked. (It was at Cape Union Mart though)

Game will refund you the difference if you buy something from them and it goes on special within the next month.

Sorry to burst your bubble even further .Got one for free when i bought a santini shirt at LBS

I know this has been discussed here before, but here goes anyway.

I got a gift voucher for my birthday for Sportsmans Warehouse, so I bought a First Ascent thermal base layer and some other goodies. Cost of base layer R259.00.

A few days later I'm at my LBS and I see the same top for R159.00.

Caveat emptor.

you saw the marked price......you paid for it.....Stop comparing after the fact and be satisfied.....I am glad we have such diverse prices for the same product because that can only be good for us. Look around at the car industry.......prices are so similar on average, true compettion is non existent and the customer always gets screwed. used to be the same with the banks but things are looking better now. Free market rules!

Ya, S Warehouse, Builders Warehouse - spotting a trend here...

Builders warehouse, I purchased a pair of 400mm bearing drawer slide rails for R109.00. I found the same rails at Lansdowne Boards for R50.00 a pair.

Returned the the rails to builders for a cash refund.

Builders warehouse, I purchased a pair of 400mm bearing drawer slide rails for R109.00. I found the same rails at Lansdowne Boards for R50.00 a pair.

Returned the the rails to builders for a cash refund.

Surely your petrol and time was not worth the R50 odd bucks?

Surely your petrol and time was not worth the R50 odd bucks?

Builders is 5min drive from my office and Lansdowne boards 2 minutes drive from my home. I was in the market for 7 sets of drawer rails which I now got for R350 instead of R763.

plus, its always fun browsing a hardware store. Its as much fun as being at the LBS, so any excuse really.

Edited by YUMEYA

Builders is 5min drive from my office and Lansdowne boards 2 minutes drive from my home. I was in the market for 7 sets of drawer rails which I now got for R350 instead of R763.

plus, its always fun browsing a hardware store. Its as much fun as being at the LBS, so any excuse really.

Your origional msg said a pair for R109 or R50 each but makes more sense now - and obviously with a bulk purchase

As i live in the city and do not have these type of stores often paying a little more at a closer shop is worth it

Edited by JGR