R5k to spend on a MTB - Would you recommend 26" or 29"

Iwan Kemp

If you were spending R5k – would you recommend someone to buy a 26” or 29”  

56 members have voted

1. 1. If you were spending R5k – would you recommend someone to buy a 26” or 29”

If you were spending R5k – would you recommend someone to buy a 26” or 29”. Use the comments to tell us why.

Edited by The Crow

You just won't get a 29" anywhere near that prince unless it is a HT and well used.

26"if you only want to spend 5k your probably new and I would recomend starting on a 26"

If you are spending R5k on a bike you are probably starting out and cutting your teeth on a 26'er would be my advice... You would also get more bike for your money IMO

26" 2nd hand.. better value. if you enjoy it, you should be able to get close to your R5k back when you upgrade to a proper machine

26"

Only reason is that you'd get a better specced bike. No way I'm buying that Trek "naainer". :cursing:

brand new twentynaaaaaiiiner for R5k http://www.cyclelab....%282012%29.aspx

As an aside, one would assume cost, but why would they mix SRAM and Shimano components on a bike like that?

Seeing some of these prices now (and yes I know that is a 29") makes me stoked I got my Silverback Phoenix for the price I did! Deore and SLX components for R4.5k