Dropper Posts: Things are hotting up

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The company looks legit, nice website too. The specs look great!

How can it be so well priced? Hmmmmm......

http://www.lynecomponents.com/#!dropper-posts/gf8sa

No contact info I could find on the site(which is illegal, online store needs address and contact info), also the posts must be rebranded, whats the reliability and after sales support/spares going to be like. Can't see any indication of the serviceability or type of mechanism used. Price is ok though, not much better than Giant where you know what you are buying, reliable, easy to fix, spares easily availabile.

No contact info I could find on the site(which is illegal, online store needs address and contact info), also the posts must be rebranded, whats the reliability and after sales support/spares going to be like. Can't see any indication of the serviceability or type of mechanism used. Price is ok though, not much better than Giant where you know what you are buying, reliable, easy to fix, spares easily availabile.

I agree, that sounds dodgy not displaying any contact details or address. The site does look "un-china-ey", also the marketing BS on the site has no spelling errors and the grammar is generally good.  ;)

I will still keep an eye out though, but the Giant post would be the one to go for.

Hi Guys

Just to clear up a couple things, specifically to Skylark:

We have been working on this brand for quite some time and have launched recently, and are based in Cape Town.

Post Reliability- We have done extensive testing with these posts, over a year of hard testing in fact. The posts use a replaceable cartridge which we will be stocking soon. The posts are warrantied for two years from the date of purchase and we will gladly assist should something go wrong. The factory we are using is of extremely high standards and is based in Taiwan, so no Chinese parts what so ever, this is also the same factory producing many of the large name brand droppers on the market today.

In terms of price- we are online only, consumer direct thus we can offer parts from factory straight to the consumer. Our product is not cheap, it simply hasn't passed through too many hands to get to you guys :)

About the contact us- thanks for the heads up, we have now corrected that, we previously only had our contact us page on our main site not our online store.

In coming months we will be more active at bike races and events so keep an eye out for us. We are also in the process of getting our product reviewed.

Send us a PM if anyone has any more queries.

Ciao 

Hi Guys

We have been working on this brand for quite some time and have launched recently, and are based in Cape Town.

Post Reliability- We have done extensive testing with these posts, over a year of hard testing in fact. The posts use a replaceable cartridge which we will be stocking soon. The posts are warrantied for two years from the date of purchase and we will gladly assist should something go wrong. The factory we are using is of extremely high standards and is based in Taiwan, so no Chinese parts what so ever, this is also the same factory producing many of the large name brand droppers on the market today.

In terms of price- we are online only, consumer direct thus we can offer parts from factory straight to the consumer. Our product is not cheap, it simply hasn't passed through too many hands to get to you guys :)

About the contact us- thanks for the heads up, we have now corrected that, we previously only had our contact us page on our main site not our online store.

In coming months we will be more active at bike races and events so keep an eye out for us. We are also in the process of getting our product reviewed.

Ciao

Well done guys,funny how some guys will jump the gun and judge something so quickly before doing their homework properly.

Hi Guys

Ciao 

Is there maybe references to the people that have tested these posts? Are they known on the riding scene? 

I don't think its jumping the gun I think it was just a heads up question? there was no slating of the site just a question.

Good on the site to find the HUB and to make the corrections, we all live and learn.

Edited by Erroli8a8

Hi Guys

Ciao

The posts do look kind of similar to the Giant post, can they be routed ext or internally, webstore seems to imply they are fixed, ie you have to choose either or when ordering?