Dropper Posts: Things are hotting up

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if one would be able to buy the lever on its own, should work with any cable actuated dropper...

Edit: Doh.. just seen it on its own on the CC for $65...

Edited by Raydek

not even bothering to look at those prices anymore

So if current pricing is anything to go buy.

The Reverb has been passed around by more Middlemen than Audrey Dawns.

• 3 weeks later...

Matthias Fluckiger's new, lightweight dropper post. Weighing in at 380 grams, it sheds over 120 grams over its rivals. Matthias has been working on it for over a year now and continues to fine tune his design. The dropper is actuated by the new Fox Transfer remote, operated from the left side of his handlebar.

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb13660936/p5pb13660936.jpg

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/hunting-for-gold-xc-worlds-2016.html

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite stokes to have just received my new Lyne dropper! Will fit it this weekend!

I'm quite stokes to have just received my new Lyne dropper! Will fit it this weekend!

Mine is in the courier trokkie, should arrive in the next hour or so...

So first impression of the company....very sleek website, easy purchase interface and automated feedback after purchase with tracking number...10/10 for experience...

Mine is in the courier trokkie, should arrive in the next hour or so...

So first impression of the company....very sleek website, easy purchase interface and automated feedback after purchase with tracking number...10/10 for experience...

I agree, great service! I ordered on Monday afternoon and received first thing Wednesday (today)! Got a mail explaining the cable guides and all. (I needed the External routing)

Can't wait to test it out!

All I need to do now is sell some stuff to pay for it...

Edited by BDF

Install my Lyne a few weeks ago. Works great. With a bit of help and trickery from Bicycle Supply Chain, we managed to install the internal routing on my Rocky Mountain Element (there is no dedicated routing).

Dropper works well. Only issue I had is if you tighten the seatclamp to 6NM, the post sticks. Loosen this a bit till it runs smooth and no problems.

Enjoy the seatpost!

Edited by Grey Hubs

Install my Lyne a few weeks ago. Works great. With a bit of help and trickery from Bicycle Supply Chain, we managed to install the internal routing on my Rocky Mountain Element (there is no dedicated routing).

Dropper works well. Only issue I had is if you tighten the seatclamp to 6NM, the post sticks. Loosen this a bit till it runs smooth and no problems.

Enjoy the seatpost!

Happens with any dropper. You are basically ovalising the post so the internals will stick.

Happens with any dropper. You are basically ovalising the post so the internals will stick.

I understand, but below 6nm! I was worried about the post slipping. So far no slippage.

I understand, but below 6nm! I was worried about the post slipping. So far no slippage.

Did you fit yours with or without a bit of carbon compound? I am fitting alu to alu and was wondering?