Putting together tool list to get.

awesme

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this set of Park Tool T handle Hex wrench's. Still in the box, used the 8mm once

Not sure what they sell for in SA now, make me an offer if you want them.

Edited by mark ellis

Mark! Thanks, but got a set already on is way, scheduled to be here on Tuesday COB

G

Got this set of Park Tool T handle Hex wrench's. Still in the box, used the 8mm once

Not sure what they sell for in SA now, make me an offer if you want them.

Mark! Thanks, but got a set already on is way, scheduled to be here on Tuesday COB

G

cool no worries, what did they cost if you dont mind me asking? not sure what to sell mine for

Was part of a bigger order, so don't know the exact cost, have a look at CRC

G

Dont forget the Park Tool braai set, you get hungry doing your own repiars and the tongs and spatula can be used on the bike too!

Edited by Pommie77

Dont forget the Park Tool braai set, you get hungry doing your own repiars and the tongs and spatula on the bike too!

Park Tool Pizza Cutter and Bottle Opener ALSO!!!! :clap:

Dont forget the Park Tool braai set, you get hungry doing your own repiars and the tongs and spatula on the bike too!

:thumbup:

And this…

post-1604-0-82890000-1341821428.png

Schrader to Presta valve for using a garage compressor. Buy 5 and hide them in different places, at least three of which are in your car.

You probably only need this X-Tools kit if you are a DIY mechanic :

http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=40997

I have one and I have yet to find myself needing , have stripped 3 mtb bikes down to every little piece with it so far.

And a masterlink remover if you use Sram powerlinks

http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=47439

You may need to buy one or 2 extra tools for your specific bike needs.

eBay is a good place for finding those 1 or 2 extra tools you may need....

The X-Tools kit is very decent , has virtually every bike specific tool you will need to strip and assemble a bike . But you would need a few other basic tools that you probably already own or will need to own during your lifetime anyway - such as screwdrivers ; socket sets ; spanners ; Allen/Hex keys etc made by Geodre or what ever decent brand you can afford.

Park tools are leagues better but only necessary if you have lots of spare cash or are a bike mechanic by trade.

Oh ja magnetic parts tray is without a doubt also required!!

http://www.chainreac...x?ModelID=12329

Edited by Skylark

Schrader to Presta valve for using a garage compressor. Buy 5 and hide them in different places, at least three of which are in your car.

Some peeps keep them on the valves.

I have the X-tool kit and it works pretty well.

I have bought ball head allen key set,4th hand and cable cutters and a few others.

One thing I do need is a decent/robust tyre pressure gauge , one that can do Presta and Schrader , that's not digital . Weight/size is not a concern but it must be really well made , I haven't found one yet that's under R350.