Fastest on the Hub

Ge4orce

Yoh :eek:

Just did a quick google search, they are blooming freaky man.

I received a pair of Puma Faast's today, lekka for casual wear and lunchtime trots.

Yah, but comfortable. Think I'll try them out at Old Parks run tonight :)

Ja, it looks bit like the socks the ladies wear around the house in winter. Just with more rubber underneath. :P

:P

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Hansa towers! :thumbup:

The epicness of that thing is beyond words...a tower of beer, that will be my new collective term for it

Pity someone is pawning their cullinan entry as a few nuclear subs are pulling in.

Ja ja ja ja, swambo talked, I must listen. I am banking these points for later

you need to be more specific

Fastest to jump to a conclusion has to be Clint

Fastest to jump on his high horse has to be Oom H

:w00t:

Hahaha indeed!

Donkey, Kriek, Thornman, Tarmac, PrisonBreak, Andrew Mclean and Jules. Fastest non-pro hubbers I'm aware of, off the top of my head.

You forgot Lucky Luke. Fastest hubber I had the pleasure meeting!

Mmmmmmmmm…there is some contenders for that title here.

I'll take him on quantity and speed.

Donkey, Kriek, Thornman, Tarmac, PrisonBreak, Andrew Mclean and Jules. Fastest non-pro hubbers I'm aware of, off the top of my head.

Spinnekop,Azonic and Funrider101 are also pretty fast.

also - what disciplines? velouria is pretty quick @ the super long stuff like transb, etc

Did not except so many replies in one day. As I started the post I will give my best times. Burger cycle tour 2010 (98km) in 3h 27 min and 2011 Argus in 3h 32 min, this was also my first Argus. Not great times but I for a novice I think they are ok.

There's pros semi-pros and a lot of very fast licenced riders on the Hub so am not going to compete there. BUT there's a little bit of Ricky Bobby in all of us & I too "wanna go fast".

Managed 90kmh on Butchers Hill in the Fast One a couple of yrs back (when it was fast)

Last year was on charity tour in Namibia and we did 216km in 5:40, heading due West to Swakupmund across the desert. There was a howling tailwind for 180kms of that so that us middle-aged management types were going 50kmh+ on the flat.

Helluva cheat, helluva thrill -never had anything like it before or since.

Ok, so 94.7 took me 5h10, but then must be honest took it a bit easier on the second lap, even stopped at a water point to fill up some bottles,

you need to be more specific

Fastest to jump to a conclusion has to be Clint

Fastest to jump on his high horse has to be Oom H

:w00t:

Too old to jump....just thinking about it doubles his heartrate :ph34r:

Redstone Crazy Croc - 4h54m (50km) I was 5th last.

Not me - always just a few pedal turns ahead of the grim sweaper.

2011 PE Herald race I came third last...The sweeper drove past me and asked if I was OK (20 km from the end), I wheezed a irrate yes. He then proceeded to stop at the next waterpoint and wait for me, but another fella with bad cramps distracted him. I crossed the finish line with the sound of the sweeper in my left ear :eek: Not sure where the two people were that got beaten by me.

down a mineshaft with a 20km wind from behind? lol (joke)... just had to say that..

20 km/h wind is seen as a windless day here... :whistling:

A while ago I rode a trail, and part of it was a 6% downhill.....with a head wind. My heartrate maxed on the downhill and still I could not get past 25 km/h :eek: (I have the type of physique that helps where gravity is needed)

Best 40km TT at officially timed Provincial Champs. 55min41sec.

Best OFM 2h37min21

But, there are still loads of hubbers much faster than that.

I got 95km/h behind a truck once!

How are you doing Dennis? I've changed my focus to the pie-eating olympics. I'd get back on the bike but I'm afraid of breaking it at the moment :ph34r:

Hmm ...from what I understand you are not too shabby yourself

Fastest I've been since March is running to the bottle store at closing time

also - what disciplines? velouria is pretty quick @ the super long stuff like transb, etc

Here you go.. not too sure on the upcountry guys, these are just the riders I've trained and raced with, results are just ones I happen to have remembered.

Donkey - road, won the Cape Cobra,

Kriek - road, won Ride for Sight,

Thornman - road, won last DC with CPT Market,

Tarmac - road & mtb, some track and DH there too from way back, won Killarney multiple times, won the TT 30-34 UWC worlds qualifier, WP subvet TT champ, won a few other things too,

PrisonBreak - road, WP TT champ aged 40, went to biathlon worlds a while back if I remember correctly, and set the fastest time on the bike,

Andrew Mclean - no need to go into detail here

Jules - solo-ed to victory at the brutally hard UWC Road World Champs qualifier last year, from like 5 k's in - madness. Also handy with the mtb and SS apparently.

Edited by Lucky Luke.